3 - 2 Lift kit

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by DiveGoddess, Oct 16, 2019.

1. DiveGoddess

DiveGoddess New Member

Okay, I don’t have a clue about off roading. Rode dirt bikes years ago. I am buying Tacoma 4 x 4 and like the lift look, but need a comfortable ride. I currently have 2016 Taco Limited 2 x 4. If you would like to share recommendations for most comfortable ride with cool lift look shoot away. Plan to keep this one forever so budget not an issue. Also, want to know max tire size and width you recommend. I like the 33 look. I like the look of 20 rims, but wonder why everyone prefers smaller? Weight - actual over road maneuvers? Thanks so much. What I am reading doesn’t help to narrow chooses so far.

Crawdad likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Lots of people speak highly of the Bilstein 5100's and @kp.taco really likes his progressive add-a-leafs.
    I have Toytec coilovers and Old Man Emu leaf packs, it's an awesome setup too...
    Kinda just depends on what you want, what you want to do with it and how much you want to put into it...
    You're buying 4x4 to go more places?
    The difference in a 16 and 20 in wheel may not sound important but the typical 285/75-16 has an 8.4" sidewall, the equivalent size in a 20", 285/55-20 wheel has a 6.2" sidewall. That's 2.2" more air space under each wheel that one can air down a little to absorb the bumps and rocks when one isn't stuck in the concrete jungle.
    If you're never planning on hitting the dirt then it doesn't matter.
    Be ready to do a "cab mount chop" or completely change it like I plan to, there's a kit out there for it. 4° caster in your alignment with aftermarket control arms helps the tire rubbing a lot too.
    Oh, and welcome to the forum!

DiveGoddess and kp.taco like this.
  4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

@Bojangles recommended the progressive AAL to me. It's been awesome, still gotta upgrade the shocks and get some coils or at least 5100s

Crawdad and Bojangles like this.
  5. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

FIFY

rkortan, Crawdad and kp.taco like this.
  6. Ruddick

Ruddick New Member

What is meant by the term TRD lockers?

7. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I'm tryin to be a cheap ass . But yeah 5100s cranked all the way up with stock coils will probably ride like sh**t .. so yeah need coils to

Bojangles likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Trd offroad models have a locking rear differential

9. brooks.leib

brooks.leib Member

If this helps... pic of my 2019 Limited with 3-2 Readylift.

IMG_20191021_145032.jpg

syniguez and B-Man like this.