3 inch lift

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by kengotti5, Sep 16, 2018 at 8:03 AM.

1. kengotti5

kengotti5 Member

I’m going to buy this 3 inch lift with rough country it comes with spacers too...

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

Get the uniball UCAs if you can.

4. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Why?

kp.taco likes this.
  5. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I put a RC 2.5 inch lift on a Jeep wrangler years ago. It was horrible.. It rode like shit. Save money and get a better lift

Cape taco and steeltoe like this.
  6. Crawdad

Rough country - you can travel the whole country and not find a rougher lift.

Supa LA, OU81taco16, Bogunn and 3 others like this.
  7. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Good one

8. geekyadam

I ran a RC 4" lift with uniball UCAs, the lift road so terrible I took it all off and went back to stock. But the uniball UCAs are good for the preload of the suspension if you do. I kept those.
    I strongly recommend that you don't run a spacer lift, but if you do, I strongly recommend that you get the uniball UCAs.

9. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Don't do Junk Country.

OU81taco16 and Bogunn like this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I thought you promoted Rough Country? Lol

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  11. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Lmao your poking the bear

Bogunn likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Friends don’t let friends do Junk Country.

kp.taco, TacoGal, Bogunn and 3 others like this.
  13. OP
    kengotti5

kengotti5 Member

Haha okay guys just asking I don’t anything about these things and I wanted to lift it because I’m going on a off road trip soon

14. geekyadam

Fair enough, nothing wrong with reaching out to learn more. That said, if you're going OffRoading, I absolutely 100% without a doubt DO NOT recommend putting a spacer lift on. Even if something doesn't break, you'll HATE the lack of travel. This is coming from someone that rode a RC 4" spacer lift OffRoad. Dunno what hurt more; the pain I felt for my trucks suspension at every bump, or my teeth chattering at every bump. I went back to stock the next weekend.

15. Crawdad

16. geekyadam

Hey man that's not really helpful, there are spacer lifts there as well.

What I think Crawdad is trying to say is that it's a much better idea to save a bit more money and lift it with entry-level suspension parts such as Bilstein 5100s, OME coils, and an AAL. You can find them relatively cheap online in places such as Bilsteinlifts.com or headstrongoffroad.com.

Crawdad likes this.
  17. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

It will do just fine as is. Your ground clearance isn't going to increase because of the lift. Larger tires will increase it.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM
    OR17TRD likes this.
  18. Crawdad

Yeah, guess I should have clarified but thought I was clear since spacers had already been shot down. But yes, you smelled what I was stepping in. There are perfectly good suspension setups for not much more than a spacer lift that will cause a lot less heartache and regret in the near future. On the other hand, just like Nancy was saying, a pure stock Tacoma is very capable off road especially if you have a locker. I would prefer a stock setup Taco over a Junk Country lifted Taco to be honest.

kp.taco and geekyadam like this.
  19. OR17TRD

... And you’ll need a lift to fit tires larger than 265/75/16

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  20. OR17TRD

$400 DYI or $600 at a shop you can get a revtek Pro 40013 spacer kit installed but like everyone is saying the ride will be blah. For about $600 DIY or $850 in shop you can get the bilstein 5100’s and an AAL in back the ride and travel will be better. For about $1300 you can do new OME coils and shocks and a progressive AAL for an even better ride. You’ll need at least 2” of lift to fit tires of 275 or 285 which need wheel well mods. The 285 will give you a little more than 1” ground clearance. You’ll need aftermarket wheels with a 0 or -6 offset and they will rub at full lock with out wheel well mod or CMC.

geekyadam and Crawdad like this.
  21. bh808

bh808 Member

How about the Tuff Country easy ride 4 inch lift for only $700. You get shocks and upper control arms.
    Little extra cash but won’t ruin your present suspension. Those cheap spacer lifts cause havoc CV boots, struts everything. $300 savings cost you about $1,800 down the road. I know it happened on my 05