4 Wheeling on Assateague Island, Maryland.

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by HOPPY TACOMA 2010 TRD, Aug 18, 2018.

1. I went 4 wheeling down the beach, it was great. First off being a noob, I tried to go without lowering the tire pressure enough. I lowered it from 40 lbs to 20 lbs, but got stuck in the entrance trail to the beach, so I lowered to 15lbs. I had no trouble going anywhere with 15.
    My girl and I cruised about 10 miles down the beach and decided to stop and sit in sun. It was awesome, we couldn't see another vehicle or person except the occasional passerby. When we left I pumped the tires back up and had a little trouble getting out of 4 low gear. I followed the instructions and tag on the visor but it wasn't shifting.OMG I was having bad visions of tow trucks and high repair bills. It turned out I need to be stopped in neutral, not in park to get out of low. I triedtdriving around slow, stopping and shifting, reversing for about 15 minutes.Finally I got it shifted and went merrily on my way to. My first 4 wheeling, this noob learned a couple of things.

OR17TRD, Bogunn, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good time. Some things like that are better learned from experience. Lol

OU81taco16 likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

The more you work the systems the easier it will get. My 4lo and locker pops on without moving now. Has to be in neutral still but I can hear it engage and the lights come on before I start moving. Sounds like you had a good time.