6 Month Mods Update

jcash

1) Bugflector 2 - Installed this weekend - No contact with the hood whatsoever, no wind noise whatsoever. I know I've seen a lot of complaints about this particular bugshield making contact in certain places with the hood..took me 5 minutes to install and there's at least a finger width between the plastic and the hood at all points. Also you will notice the painted grill. Flexidip about 5 months ago. Only a few nicks. I go through a car wash 3 times a week and it still looks like I did it yesterday.
Bugflector 2.jpg

2) Tailgate lettering - Ordered the inserts from amazon a while ago and installed. Also notice the blacked out emblems. Flexidip probably 3 months ago.
Lettering.jpg

3) Toolbox - Kobalt (Better Built) - from Lowes $299.

ToolBox.jpg

4) Black out Wheels - Flexidip black then Flexidip Gloss Top Coat - Once again I've read multiple, multiple, multiple complaints from people who can't seem to get it right. All I can say is have patience, it will work, but it's only going to look as good as you make it.
Painting Wheels.jpg
BlackWheels.jpg

5) Wheel spacers - G2 1.25 - this one was a little tricky when attempting too torque the front. I had no one to push the brakes for me, so I wedged these 2x4 pieces in there. Worked well enough to get approx 80 ft lbs of torque.
Front Spacers.jpg

6) Nighttime pic

NightTime.jpg

Looks great bro. What truck box? I might drop my leaky cover and get a box
Thanks. It's a low profile Kobalt box from Lowes. It's actually a Better Built box with the Kobalt name, and it's essentially from their Special Edition Crown Line because it has the handles instead of pull up latches. I'm not crazy about the Giant Logo but for $299, I'm not going to complain too much. I have had no problems with this box leaking but I'd suggest getting some weather stripping to put on the inside because this one does not include it from the factory.

Back