93 octane alcohol free

Prerunner14

Alcohol free premium is usually 50 cents higher than regular. But money per mi is the same. And I have better sounding engine, more power and the inside of exhaust pipe is clean.

I have never run high octane in my Tacoma's before but I'm willing to try a couple of tankfuls to test your theory. I will have to check to see if premium gas is alcohol free here in CT. Will compare mileage and performance and check back with results.

Last edited:
Think you meant pure-gas.org
I checked this out and the only source near me is 100 octane. I will have to research to see if this is an acceptable fuel for a 2015 engine and will not affect warranty. If okay, I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:
Demus, I'm not sure at this point. I was told to use regular unleaded as well. Once I check this out I'll let you know. We certainly do not want to do anything that would harm our new trucks. Jumping from 89 to 100 octane may be no problem but I want to ask first.

I use Mobile regular, which is 89 octane. I have never had any problems but found Prerunners info interesting. But like I said I won't try anything until I get more info.

Point taken Demo, I'll let it be ... lol

No worries. Figure you could look at what we talked about. I stay away from 89 and only run 92/93. Not only due to my S/C but I have a friend who owns a gas station and when the 87 tank is full the rest goes into the 89 tank. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

I think manual says 89 recommended but for more performance can use 93

In my own opinion I found better MPG with 92/93. But I get gas at Costco. They are on the top tier of gas. Meaning a better grade. I was getting about 14 in the city and 10-20 hwy. when I switched to 93 I got 17/23. Depends on your driving habit to. I didn't buy my truck for saving gas that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

1800163_756766834333431_398594959_o.jpg I run 92-93 Octane 95%,and reg sometimes! I go to Shell,Chevron,Sunoco,Mobil,Texaco,Exxon But prefer the first 3 !!!No problems and no pinging with high octane with more power and better gas milage as with my old 1970s-1980s Cars and Trucks! Old School Rules !1801112_764249400251841_798728500_o.jpg

I ve had my truck for a two yrs now. I run 89 octane Erhanol free. It's a little more expensive. I don't notice any difference but it is a cleaner gas and I won't get the gunk build up over time

I ve had my truck for a two yrs now. I run 89 octane Erhanol free. It's a little more expensive. I don't notice any difference but it is a cleaner gas and I won't get the gunk build up over time
Be careful with 89. I'm like Rambo. I run 92-93. But that's due to my S/C. With 89 it can be the left over tank at the pumps. When they bring in and fill 87 and there is left over it goes into the 89 tank.

Thanx, as you can see, I don't come on here much. I don't think I'll end up getting any of the left overs because the 89 I'm using doesn't come from the pumps that have 87 and 93. The 89 I'm using comes from a stand alone pump, that's ethanol free. However, that's good advise and I'll remember that for future reference.

I wouldn't get too caught up in the BRAND of gs you use. I've hauled fuel and I can tell you they all get fuel from different terminals, different brands, different accounts. For instance, a Shell station could get delivery via a Shell truck full of fuel loaded at a Hess terminal under a BP account on one load, and the next day get a different combination from a different terminal across the street at the "tank farm" where they all get loaded.

When I hauled fuel, each driver had a binder with loading cards in it, similar to credit cards. On the way to the terminal, you could get called three times with updates about which terminal to load at and under which account. That was 20 years ago, but I am sure it is similar these days. It was common to see Exxon, Shell, independent etc truck all waiting in line to load the same fuel from the same tank.

Thanx, Wisky. I think I've heard that before. When you think about it, it's kinda troubling to think these gas stations would do this stuff. And then turn around and tell you that their gas is better than the other guys gas. Another thing I heard, along time ago... Amoco gas is better than most others because it's clear. Does this sound right?

Back