95 3.4L Tacoma overheating, running out of ideas:/

JeffPonce51

Hey guys, I'm new to this page, I just bought a 95.5 Tacoma 4x4 3.4L. The guy I bought it from had told me he didn't have a thermostat in it because it would overheat. Went to Toyota and bought a new thermostat, and it looked completely different than the Autozone one that he had bought. Figured that woulda fixed it but it didn't. Almost seems like he tried to fix it himself because every part I thought of changing, looks brand new... The radiator, the clutch fan, he claimed to had put a new water pump, and also said the heads had just got re-done... Any ideas on what else it could be? Thanks in advanced for the help

Does it have the correct radiator hoses? There are universal fit hoses that can be no good because they aren't reinforced or they are too long and get kinked. Is the coolant flowing through the radiator? You should be able to see it rushing through the radiator once the system is warmed up and the thermostat is open and you raise the RPM's.

How hot is it running? Is it overheating all the time, or just when you are pulling a heavy load up a grade etc?

How do you know it is overheating? The wire to the sending unit could be grounding out and pegging the gauge when everything is actually fine.

Back