A/C Fan Failure

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by MatthewW, Jan 16, 2020.

1. MatthewW

MatthewW New Member

About a month ago my A/C would start by a *tick tick tick* noise and sometimes wouldnt start working for a decent amount of time after starting the engine. Recently the A/C has stopped working completely, no matter what setting it is on. I've checked the fuses and I've taken the fan motor out and the filter(which had few leaves in it but not much).

What should my next course of action be?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Just the fan, right? If so check the plug at the fan and at the resistor for melting. The resistor could also be bad but that would usually leave you with high speed only. They are known to fail.

B-Man and kp.taco like this.