a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

If on a journey, how about some reporting on exotic sites you've been to other than a lot of road signs. Did you stop, and take a tour of howe caverns while passing through ny? I haven't been there in years, but it's a cool place to visit 150' below ground.

NY is such a big state, I was lost in buffalo and got stopped by police doing a training safety check. Seatbelt was over the shoulder so they let me go. They didn't check if it was buckled...
If that's not exciting then it's all a bore!

If on a journey, how about some reporting on exotic sites you've been to other than a lot of road signs. Did you stop, and take a tour of howe caverns while passing through ny? I haven't been there in years, but it's a cool place to visit 150' below ground.
I might go see some old fossils in the middle of literally nowhere... No fuel or services for 50+ miles in any direction, it's close to Wyoming border
It's looks like scattered rain out west
Do you find that exotic?

Rain would be exotic in this area.

Grass is beginning to enter the dormant phase. This typically happens late July/early August.

Last week I was planting some posts, Dug holes 30" deep......not a lick of moisture. Dry, dry, dry, dry.......

NY is such a big state, I was lost in buffalo and got stopped by police doing a training safety check. Seatbelt was over the shoulder so they let me go. They didn't check if it was buckled...
If that's not exciting then it's all a bore!
Getting an inspection by the cops is never much fun. I once went 500 miles to central quebec, and back towing my enclosed trailer with sleds, and gear. 25 miles from home I have to go through a trailer inspection station while coming into Lee ma. I get a warning cause my registration plate on the trailer isn't visible enough. I tell them thats where the trailer company that sold me the trailer put it. Well that wasn't good enough for them.

Getting an inspection by the cops is never much fun. I once went 500 miles to central quebec, and back towing my enclosed trailer with sleds, and gear. 25 miles from home I have to go through a trailer inspection station while coming into Lee ma. I get a warning cause my registration plate on the trailer isn't visible enough. I tell them thats where the trailer company that sold me the trailer put it. Well that wasn't good enough for them.
It was just a traffic stop for safety checks with officers in training

Any big trees in this part of the country are basically overgrown weeds... They don't belong here lol

Teton pass or bearTooth pass
? Which sounds more exotic to you, tacoJoel
You choose my taco adventure today :oops:

By any chance, some elk photo's would be nice.
I have some deer and some bison buttocks LMAO
Didn't spot any elk but did see two moose, a fox. Also, some squirrels at 9k feet elevation
Some said they spotted grizzleys up in the hills but had zero time to stop and check that out

I have some deer and some bison buttocks LMAO
Didn't spot any elk but did see two moose, a fox. Also, some squirrels at 9k feet elevation
Some said they spotted grizzleys up in the hills but had zero time to stop and check that out
Are you one some sort of time table, that you can't check these things out?

Are you one some sort of time table, that you can't check these things out?
I suppose, yes?
Truck has a weep and clutch bearing is making a chatter
Had 2 massive grades to climb along with the one in the morning up route 89, could've been nearly 20k feet in total that it had to climb all in one day
And had to keep moving to make it before dusk! Definitely would be sucky to be broke down in the forest or on a grade in the dark :eek:

The steering weep wasn't much of an issue
Perhaps the colder weather made the fluid thicker?
And Or the prestone stop leak product is doing its job and slowing the weep down

You need to carry some overnight camping gear. Back in the day we took a couple of these small orange 2 man tents that were really big enough for one with us, with our sleeping bags, when we did a 2 day excursion to this remote back lake in northern quebec. Had a bit of a repair job when we tore the muffler off my 79 toyota 4wd pickup crossing a log, and bolder infested stream a few miles before we got there. We never told the camp ranger where we were headed. Lucky to be back in camp to check in at 10 pm the next night. Boy did we get a lecture at the camps office never to do that again.

Back