a roached TPMS at 83k.....

could it be the rotor or caliper that was rubbin' onit?
IDK!
Road Salt damage...perhaps?

Last edited:
How in the name of Moses would a brake rotor or caliper rub on the tire's valve stem. Man......whatchu been smokin'?

Me, I think the rub came from poorly installed hub caps.

I suppose "road salt" could focus on a specific location on a rotating part. Now, exactly sure about how the Physics would work, but it is a claim.

perhaps It hit a glacier the wrong way in the right lane this past week?
It was treacherous out there!

Steel wheels with center ornaments
Negative on the hubcaps

Now ,it hit a glacier. you don't say. didn't know there were glaciers in Omaha............

Gonna stay away from there. Afraid if I hit one my truck will sink into the pavement...............

The was no apparent wheel damage around the area of the stem but I can take another look in daylight

something protruding from the caliper that would be rubbin' upon it during rotation?

i did mention it hit a glacier in the right lane this past week?

15 below zero snowpack is quite hardened

discount tire manager told I the new TPMS put in does NOT need programmed, something about it being a universal?
and the light is still on the dash as solid

If a different brand sensor than what was replaced with, as far as I know it needs a new code programed in, so your ecu recognizes it.
It's like buying a universal tv remote.....it's not going to work on a different brand tv till you program the right code in it.

Last edited:
well this baffles me now!

manager said no code program needed

and now you say it does need it so the light goes off?

should i go spend time with manager at a different DT shop?

Back