a roached TPMS at 83k.....

Return back to the place who replaced the sensor, and tell them to reset it, so you no longer have this light on. Thats a tire changers job when replacing these sensors. They're suppose to know this stuff for every vehicle that has them. Usually when they change tires, it's all sensors, with the same type, not just one that might be different from the others.

IIRC, there are a couple of different frequencies for sensors. You need to have a matching frequency so your truck can find the signal. Also, as has been said, the sensor's ID must be programmed into the ECU.

If the DT manager is just plopping the sensors into the tires without programming the ECU........then he is an ID10T and incompetent.

Suggest visiting a Tire Shop that is not a national chain. Many times these shops are about turning vehicles and $$$ with minor care for the customer or any problems.

Can't wait. Already laughing my ass off with these ev's. Latest on them...their owners are getting piss off cause tires don't last long on them like ice vehicles. I guess its a combination of the ev's extra weight, and motors starting torque.

IIRC, there are a couple of different frequencies for sensors. You need to have a matching frequency so your truck can find the signal. Also, as has been said, the sensor's ID must be programmed into the ECU.

If the DT manager is just plopping the sensors into the tires without programming the ECU........then he is an ID10T and incompetent.

Suggest visiting a Tire Shop that is not a national chain. Many times these shops are about turning vehicles and $$$ with minor care for the customer or any problems.
I'd have to agree that this DT guy is an idiot. They should know better. Jay needs to stop gravitating toward these guys...their treating him like my wife when she takes her prius in for service.

Last edited:
Just for grins. I looking up the weight of the battery pack on the GMC Electric Truck. 2000+ lbs.

Holy crap...was told the average battery weight for an ev sedan is around 1250 lbs. So much for a lighter vehicle.

The extra weight of the Battery Pack is why EVs are eating tires like a fat man snarfing up donuts at Dunkin'

Frames, suspension, steering.....everything needs to be bigger to support and handle the weight.

ok so now i am literally confused

stopped at the other DT in town today where they have this magical scanner
told front counter associate the situation with the other place and that light will not go off

he brings his scan tool out and scans each tire TWICE
said the tool did not alert him to any low batteries
and the light is now OFF

:confused:

Oh I forgot that he also opened the door and plugged that scanner into something under the steeringwheel somewhere

Not worth the bother. I'd go to another reputable independent tire shop the next time and call it lesson learned.

Back