Access Cab

My tundra access cab had a bout the same legroom as my TACO crew cab . So i didnt have much difference.easier to put stuff in the cab though.

I started looking for a new access cab, black, V6, 4x4 in the TRD Sport model 10 months ago without ordering from the factory. Expanded my search to include the SR and SR5 although I really wanted the TRD sport. Found a couple of black 4 cylinders but only in the SR5. That was with a 250 mile search. I also had 8 or 9 dealerships searching as well for me.

So much for a 2020. Odd really with how popular black is there were so few.. Fast forward to 2021 and my continued search. Last week my local dealership called and had located the sport model 199 miles away. Struck a deal over the phone and it's now sitting in my garage. I never really liked the double doors which are plentiful in the spec version I was looking for. The dd version with that five foot cab to me just doesn't have a nice body flow look.

I as well hope they continue with the access cab.

Rat.

Originally I wanted the access cab but by the time you fold the rear seats to the storage position there wasn’t much room for anything else. Reluctantly I got the 4 door and long bed.

After 4 years I’m happy I did. For my application it’s perfect

just got back from New Mexico (again) and ran into major night snow in Wyoming. For stretches I was the only vehicle on the road. Either I’m too dumb to pull over and pull out the sleeping bag, or the truck functioned and performed well. Love this truck.

Never had anything but access cabs since the first came about in the 80's. My 2020 taco is an access cab.
you missed out on a single cab?, those trucks are super if you don't have much to haul around inside

Last single cab i owned was my little yellow 79 4x4 toyota pickup. My 78 toyota 4wd wolverine pickup was a single cab. Both were severely under powered with those 20R engines, but in 4wd low range they were like a mountain goat. I drove the 79 loaded with camping gear 1k miles north into the quebec bush where the cree indians weren't very happy to see me, but it was a hell of a fishing trip busting down small trees, and brush on those long ago used logging roads. Truck crapped out on the way back home 500 miles away...was lucky only a clogged fuel filter.

Ummmm......guys......Look at the date of the original post...... Zombie Thread, back from the dead.

Last single cab i owned was my little yellow 79 4x4 toyota pickup. My 78 toyota 4wd wolverine pickup was a single cab. Both were severely under powered with those 20R engines, but in 4wd low range they were like a mountain goat. I drove the 79 loaded with camping gear 1k miles north into the quebec bush where the cree indians weren't very happy to see me, but it was a hell of a fishing trip busting down small trees, and brush on those long ago used logging roads. Truck crapped out on the way back home 500 miles away...was lucky only a clogged fuel filter.
Damn!, that sounds exciting as all heck!

Back