Add on glove box/console light?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by texasred, Aug 14, 2018.

1. texasred

texasred Active Member

2017 DCSB Limited Bitchin’ Blazing Blue

Geez those are some dark lil holes to find stuff in. Anybody using some type of spring loaded battery powered light on these spots?

Or some other idea? Come on Toyota. Even my 71 Olds Cutlass has em!

TIA

mcodyv, Bogunn, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. jdr3366

jdr3366 Well-Known Member

Crickets.

I tried an LED stick-on thingy that was supposed to turn on when I opened the glove box or console and waved you hand in front of it. Junk...

Other than that, can't help ya.

Bogunn and texasred like this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I had one of the LED ribbon lights with on/off sensor in the bed of my truck and it worked flawlessly and the batteries lasted about a year. Something similar could work in the glovebox.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263172011177

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I just ordered some led motion lights for the bed of my new truck. They’re so cheap it’s worth the chance. If they’re crap you aren’t out much.
    Check these out, small enough for the glove box.
    The adhesive tape usually sucks that comes on them so I use 3M auto adhesive tape.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078X5PD6V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FPtEBbXX7TG8S

B-RI and texasred like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

So you can light up your monchichi’s. 90CC5499-B6B0-43C0-8624-585D24849E4B.jpeg

Bogunn likes this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. I had to look up what a monchichi was.
    It looks like a dress up outfit @kp.taco would have.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

ROFL

Bogunn likes this.
  9. OP
    texasred

texasred Active Member

Just what I had in mind! My Japanese stuffed monkey collection is hard to keep straight.

ROFL

Thanks guys

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  10. OP
    texasred

texasred Active Member

UPDATE

I bought 4 of the lights OR17TRD suggested.

Good news: mounted to the top of the glove box and the console lid worked like a champ! Way bright but not blinding at night.

Bad news: One of the 4 was a complete dud (waiting to hear from seller) and getting your own 3M tape is definitely on target.

Thanks for the feedback.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Awesome. Glad that worked for ya.
    Yeah, these new LED lights are the way to go. I even have LED spot/motion lights around my house outside because they use so little power they last forever and are so bright.

texasred and OR17TRD like this.