AFE-Power. CIA- Installed

Mike991GTS

Just got my CIA today, installation took 1hr. Everything is excellent quality. The front scoop is back ordered for a few weeks. See pics. Also i know CAI "s get alot of different opinions. Well it sounds amazing and i can feel a noticeable difference when getting on it. The box says 17hp and 19lbs x ft of Torque. I defiantly can feel a difference.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1470088481.319122.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1470088496.388111.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1470088512.472189.jpg

It makes a wicked sound at 3,800rpm, and yes i notice a diff in power. May also have something to do with the Borla cat back also. Sound is more important than you think, many car companies pipe it into the cabin. Porsche, BMW, to name a few.

It makes a wicked sound at 3,800rpm, and yes i notice a diff in power. May also have something to do with the Borla cat back also. Sound is more important than you think, many car companies pipe it into the cabin. Porsche, BMW, to name a few.
The catback.... what size is it?
What size was stock?

Yeah, thats the worst idea i ever heard of in regards to the soundtrack being piped into the cabin.... but thats just my opinion. Its akin to a pushup bra on a woman.

As for the noise from the intake.... the afe for the 1grfe engine made a terrible loud resonating sound inside the cabin when merging onto the highway, or passing. So loud it was pointless to conversate while passing or merging. Is this the same with your truck?

If Iam conversing with someone or want to listen to the radio, i drive in a lower RPM range,and up shift sooner obviously to keep the RPM"s down. Truck really comes alive between 3500 and 5500. Remember i drive a manual and have complete control of the way the engine performs.

If Iam conversing with someone or want to listen to the radio, i drive in a lower RPM range,and up shift sooner obviously to keep the RPM"s down. Truck really comes alive between 3500 and 5500. Remember i drive a manual and have complete control of the way the engine performs.
So its a loud intake.

As for the exhaust sizes?

Maybe the intake will mind its manners if u guys get a supercharger option.

Thank god the 4.0 doesnt need to scream to make tq

Back