Aftermarket (not factory) tonneau covers for the 2016. Which one do you like?

Rocket tech

My 2016 TRD Sport is due in from the factory around March 1st. I want to put a tonneau on it. Preferably a roll-up. My 2011 TRD Sport has a bak-flip which I installed about 4 years ago. Worked great in Arizona but seems to freeze stuck now that i'm in Minn. How are roll-ups in freezing weather? Will they crack when rolling?
Any input will be appreciated.

I suppose PA has almost the same weather with MI, one buddy there has access cover roll up and it has bar that go across the bed makes it sturdy and hold enough during during winter.

Just put an access vanish roll up on mine last weekend. Seems well made. No winter weather here in NC for a while hopefully. I had a similar cover on my old truck and it held to several inches of heavy wet snow and 1/4 inch of ice several times.

Last edited:
Just put an access vanish roll up on mine last weekend. Seems well made. No winter weather here in NC for a while hopefully. I had a similar cover on my old truck and it held to several inches of heavy wet snow and 1/4 inch several times.
The Vanish is what I was planning on getting. They say it uses the deck rails. Did you install yourself?

Yes. They give you little rectangle plates with square holes and carriage bolts. You take the end cap off the rail and slide them in and put the cap back on. Then there are brackets that mount the side rails of the cover to the carriage bolts.

I have a retractable on my 08 double cab long bed. Love it and hate it. Love the ability to have a fairly dry storage area yet hate the loss of bed space sometimes. Another down side are the bed rails. They come out of adjustment frequently from bigger cargo hitting them and of course all the idiots that love to hang on them while ur bullshitting with them. Other than that love it haha Its a pace edwards roll top cover. So just things to consider

I have a retractable on my 08 double cab long bed. Love it and hate it. Love the ability to have a fairly dry storage area yet hate the loss of bed space sometimes. Another down side are the bed rails. They come out of adjustment frequently from bigger cargo hitting them and of course all the idiots that love to hang on them while ur bullshitting with them. Other than that love it haha Its a pace edwards roll top cover. So just things to consider
This for retractable or check Retraxone tonneau, seen them on guy's truck last mini meet up and its totally neat and locks at any position.

Undercover Flex. Works great with the Pop n Lock tailgate locking handle for more cargo security.

The Truxedo Titanium (which actually is made with aluminum) works well in snowy areas and doesn't leak.

Cool options here, these listed here are what I am considering for my 2017 TRD OR 4x4. I'd like easily removable, and prefer it to use the truck rails. I probably won't use it much, but need it for occasional road trips. I live in Houston. Thoughts of what would be best for my case?

I just put a Gator trifold on my 2017 Tacoma. Been through two storms, minor water drops in it. Costs just over $250.

$250?

The BAKFlip MX4 that I settled for ... $1060, after tax and installation.

I would have preferred the Toyota cover, but was told that if the truck didn't come with it factory installed, it was not possible.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

$250?

The BAKFlip MX4 that I settled for ... $1060, after tax and installation.

I would have preferred the Toyota cover, but was told that if the truck didn't come with it factory installed, it was not possible.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

I am puzzled

It’s possible. The rails have to be changed. Others have done it. I have the factory cover and I like it but the bakflip is a nicer cover honestly.

Back