All metal bumpers for 18’ tacoma sr5 4x4

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by slapshot, Aug 22, 2019.

1. slapshot

slapshot Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about all metal bumpers ? I want to replace my stock bumper (they are useless )with all steel. Thank you for any information

Bastek likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bastek

Bastek Active Member

I don't mean to stalk you...

Just curious what are you looking for? Front? rear? Both?
    Heavy or light duty?
    I have a CBI T3 front, Mobtown rear. Both are rather heavy duty (even though rear is not "high clearance". Since I didn't want to cut my besides)
    There a a nice few choices, some you'll end up waiting a few months (some smaller fab shops have 3-5 months wait), others off shelf.

4. OP
    slapshot

Mainly rear bumper heavy duty but something thats similar in style with the stock one but all steel. Id get a front one too maybe later. Thanks for getting back to me

5. Bastek

Bastek Active Member

Well, you'll have to look around a bit with all the choices. Some bumpers start ~800 and it just goes up from there. To give you some things to look for: ARB, Warn Ascent, C4 fab, Fab Fours, CBI, RCI, as mentioned previously Mobtown Offroad.
    Some of them will have (unrated) hitch biilt in, others will utilize your factory hitch.
    Hope it helps a little, and maybe someone else will chime in as well

Good luck!

6. OP
    slapshot

Great thanks for the info