All terrain tire price

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by user458, Jul 23, 2013.

1. user458

user458 Registered Users

A local tire shop quoted me a price of 875.00 to install 4 Bridgestone rivo tires on my truck. My wheels are 17s. Does this sound like a normal price?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

Go look up the price of those tires on tire rack and see what you come up with

4. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

Thank, ORT

5. OffroadTaco4x4

No problem man, I got all of my tires put on my wheels and balanced by my brothers friend for 30 bucks then I mounted them, so I don't know a normal price for having them mounted but I wouldn't think it would be over 100 bucks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

6. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

Hey, ORT. Does Tire Rack give me the price of what I can expect to pay to have them installed?

7. OffroadTaco4x4

I think you can use tire rack to get a quote by a close by shop

8. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

I paid like $660 for my 4 A/T mounted & balanced at Firestone.

9. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

I was just looking on TR and I like the BF Goodrich. I saw that I can have them sent to the installer

10. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

That's a nice price

11. eyecon

eyecon Well-Known Member

265/70/17 BFG AT KO's. Mounted and balanced on new rims for $740. I think i got a decent deal considering the TPMS swap involved.

12. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

I don't understand the numbering. Mine are 245 75 16

13. eyecon

eyecon Well-Known Member

265= tire width in millimeters, the The 70 is percent...meaning the height of the tire from the rim to the tread is 75% of the width. the last number is the rim size.

14. eyecon

eyecon Well-Known Member

basically your first number is the width, second is the height, and third is size of the rim you want to put it on.

15. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

Do I need to stay with 245 75 16s or should I look at some other size?

16. eyecon

eyecon Well-Known Member

what model tacoma do you have?

17. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

Sorry for being an ig on this subject

18. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

2013 double cab 4x4 my wheels are 16s my tires are 245 75 16

19. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

The factory tires are Dunlops

20. eyecon

eyecon Well-Known Member

I meant trim package ie TRD Sport, Trd Off Road, SR5, Base. That is really up to you. I have heard that skinnier tires will potentially give you better MPG. You could prolly go up to 265/75/16 if you wanted without a lift or new UCA's.

21. OP
    user458

user458 Registered Users

That sounds good. Now I'm starting to understand. The 16 would have to stay the same unless I got a bigger wheel.