All weather floor mats

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by tannerray3905, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tannerray3905

tannerray3905 New Member

Hi,
    i just purchased a used 17 tacoma and it did not come with floor mats. i’ll be taking the truck snowboarding a lot this winter so i want some mats that will protect the carpet. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the tacoma brand all weather mats vs the weathertechs and if it’s worth it for the extra money for the weather techs or if i can get the same protection with the tacoma all weathers ?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the '17! I have the Toyota OEM all weathers and like them. Some others have different brands and will be along shortly to let you know about them! There's many brands to choose from!

tannerray3905 likes this.
  4. brawler1588

brawler1588 Active Member

Weather tech and the husky are great

tannerray3905 and B-Man like this.
  5. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

My truck came with the Toyota all weather liners and they are pretty good but a year ago I bought the Weathertechs and I like the weathertechs Way better.

tannerray3905, B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I’d probably go with the weathertech or husky mats for the price. The OEM are fine but I wouldn’t pay for them.

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

If you go the OEM the passenger side slides around and you’ll want some eagle klaws or something to keep them in place. I’ve got the OEM front and back in my 2017 and I like them. Anything is better than nothing.

8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

True that. $10 Walmart mats with a all weather runner in the back will work.

9. OR17TRD

OEM for $96 shipping is $58 to me but if you go to your local dealers parts guy and ask nice they might price match and you can save on shipping. I did that with my TRD pro grille they where asking $499 I found it for $397 at another Toyota dealer online they price matched it for me. Has to be another toyota dealer for them to do it.

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.c...ouble-cab-automatic-transmission-pt9083616420

CTaco, tannerray3905 and Bogunn like this.
  10. brawler1588

brawler1588 Active Member

There is a guy in Tacoma world forum believe its gunny gets oem parts and sells to form members

11. OP
    tannerray3905

tannerray3905 New Member

thanks everybody! l do have a manual transmission so i’m leaning towards the weather techs since i’d like them to not move around and the price isn’t drasticly different. sounds worth the little extra money for the extra protection. she’s pretty on the inside so tryna keep it that way. thanks!

arm76 likes this.
  12. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Member

I have a manual ‘18 and my oem all weathers clip into place so they don’t slide. Not sure if the 17 has that feature but they’ve been great

13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The 16 and 17’s didn’t

14. texasred

texasred Member

From experience, Husky fits better but the passenger side anchor for the Taco is kind of a PITA.

Still, I’d go Husky. FWIW

Bogunn likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

OEM drivers side has clips to hold it. The passenger side doesn’t on the 16/17. The 18+ have the clips on both sides.

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  16. BigT

BigT Active Member

Husky weather beater

17. tinyjew

tinyjew New Member

The all weather oem ones aren't good, I bought them and immediately reregretted it. Their slippery and the passenger side ones moves around on the floor and doesn't stay put. Shame since the oem ones mazda put out for my cx7 are fantastic.

arm76 likes this.
  18. arm76

arm76 Active Member

Weather Techs are worth the extra coin IMO. You can't beat the coverage. I have no experience with the Husky brand but I've heard they are just as good.

Bogunn likes this.
  19. rwhunt

rwhunt New Member

I bought the Husky brand for my wifes 16 Camry. We really like them. Plus, i think, they were about $80 less than weathertechs. They look the same to me.

Bogunn likes this.
  20. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum