Another frame rot issue?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by TacoD, May 24, 2020.

1. TacoD

TacoD Member

I got a letter from Toyota last week about my 2015 Tacoma. I contacted the dealer and they will get back to me. I guess they are going to treat the frame with a CRC treatment to prevent rot.... anyone else get this letter?

D

B.C. and tooter like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

the 2015's are having this issue too? damn. hope they treat you right, D.

B.C. likes this.
  4. OP
    TacoD

TacoD Member

I hope so too! They said they would coat it with a corrosion resistant ceramic? If I recall.

B.C. and tooter like this.
  5. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

have you noticed any bad spots on your truck?

B.C. likes this.
  6. OP
    TacoD

TacoD Member

I have noticed a fair amount of surface rust at the joints. The motor pitied up pretty good. I had planned to do a once over under the truck but I’ll see what the dealer does

tooter, Omega-AV and B.C. like this.
  7. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

My buddies works at a Toyota parts dept. And there's plenty of tundra from 07 and up getting frames too .he said Toyota pays them really well to change'm out .

B.C., tooter and B-Man like this.
  8. Captqc

Captqc Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 and just received a letter from Toyota stating that they are extending the frame warranty to 12 years.

B-Man, B.C. and Cape taco like this.
  9. freighter72

freighter72 Well-Known Member

I lost my 00 Tacoma (regular cab, manual trans, 4x4) to frame rust. I would trade my 2016 TRD off-road in a second for my old Tacoma. Toyota has to get serious about their corrosion issues because the competition doesn't seem to have them.

B.C. likes this.