Any new TSB for transmission shift complaints. 2016 trans shifts like crap

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by GuidoRocks 2016 TRD OR, Nov 21, 2018.

1. I heard there was a latest and greatest flash
    To fix erratic shifts. I have had since day 1
    My Tranny upshifts too soon. Falls on its face accelerating uphill or slight grade going up on on ramp.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

There has been at least 4 TSB updates since 2016 for the transmission. Take it to the dealer I’m sure they can tell you if you’ve had the latest and greatest done.

texasred, B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  4. 1luv45

1luv45 Active Member

Doesn't meant anyone use the ect option?

5. TacomaTough

TacomaTough Member

I rode with an FTS, he watched the vehicle surge between 40-50mph. He then watched as the vehicle stuck in the 1st OD while setting at 74mph on a flat highway for miles, never shifting into the 2nd OD. He proceeded to tell me the double overdrive will not fully engage if the vehicle senses a load. He also told me the vehicle definitely would not pull an SXS and run anywhere other than 4th gear, which is the last actual gear the transmission has. Toyota intentionally mislabeled the transmission as a 6spd automatic on the Monroney Label, which I pointed out.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. TacomaTough

TacomaTough Member

The Toyota Dealership even wrote in the service ticket to use ECT at all times, interesting considering mileage drops 3mpg's which the dealer even notated.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I'd manually shift in situations that caused gear hunting. 4th gear and let it rev.

8. TacomaTough

TacomaTough Member

I am working with a group, who, if they take the case, will be great of all of the Taco owners with Transmission issues.

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

:eek:

whippersnapper02 and B-Man like this.