Anyone buying the New 2016-2018 TRD PRO Grilles selling for under $150

Is there a way to become a real man with a Double Cab Long Bed?

I sure hope. Maybe we’ll have to take testosterone supplements.....
Or maybe we’ll just have to just deal with the fact that we’ll never be real men with our DCLB pickups. Lol.

Short bed doubles will fit in the garage. But where will you store the trailer you need to haul big man stuff. My last 2nd gen was a double cab short bed. Was great for hauling a case of water or a tricycle. I have moved one of my kids to 2 colleges with my access cab. That would have required a trailer with a short bed.

Regardless of your Tacoma bed length please pack and ship testosterone samples to:
Nissan North America, Inc
One Nissan Way
Franklin, TN 37067, U.S.A.
They need something to juice up their outdated Frontiers

Look, in all seriousness, I loved my double cab short bed, but I mostly used the back seat for my lunch box and an umbrella. A manly umbrella. I always put tool boxes on my trucks. With the short bed the tool box would have killed my bed space. The only one that ever rides in the back seat is my 10 year old grandkid. We have a car and a new suv for people hauling. So an access cab was a no brainer. My garage was tight, extremely tight, getting my 2014 F150 ext cab in for maintenance or mods. The double cab long bed is the same length as my F150. So when I sold my Ford the access cab just worked for me and fits in the garage well. After having both Tacomas for a week I sold the double cab.When I work on my access cab I can run the heat or a/c with the garage door shut. A manly heat and a/c. So thats my take on the access. I love the long bed and can haul plenty with the tool box in it.

Funny,if I didnt have teenage kids I would have gone with the access cab.The way the doors open on the access is more convenient for most of the things I do,plus the longer bed.

Look, in all seriousness, I loved my double cab short bed, but I mostly used the back seat for my lunch box and an umbrella. A manly umbrella. I always put tool boxes on my trucks. With the short bed the tool box would have killed my bed space. The only one that ever rides in the back seat is my 10 year old grandkid. We have a car and a new suv for people hauling. So an access cab was a no brainer. My garage was tight, extremely tight, getting my 2014 F150 ext cab in for maintenance or mods. The double cab long bed is the same length as my F150. So when I sold my Ford the access cab just worked for me and fits in the garage well. After having both Tacomas for a week I sold the double cab.When I work on my access cab I can run the heat or a/c with the garage door shut. A manly heat and a/c. So thats my take on the access. I love the long bed and can haul plenty with the tool box in it.

I’m glad it’s a manly umbrella you’re hauling.... lol.
If I didn’t have kids to haul I’d have the access cab too. I always liked a regular or access cab better.
The people that ride in the back don’t usually appreciate an access cab unless they’re under 10 years old or a midget. (I’ve never hauled a midget, I’m just assuming.)

Back to the original topic of this thread....
I went ahead and bought one of the Pro Grilles for $135 off eBay ($145 with shipping). It’s too good a deal to pass up.

Seems like shipping dates are a crapshoot. Bought mine Sunday. Has not shipped yet. Some people bought one yesterday and it shipped yesterday. The waiting is fine. The good thing is quality and packaging have not been an issue. The only negative is the tag that is attached to the grille:
images

Seems like shipping dates are a crapshoot. Bought mine Sunday. Has not shipped yet. Some people bought one yesterday and it shipped yesterday. The waiting is fine. The good thing is quality and packaging have not been an issue. The only negative is the tag that is attached to the grille:
images

Yeah... that could be an issue unless you keep it in the garage.

The double cab short bed is the same length as the access cab. Both 212.3” long
My last tacoma was a DC short bed. The only reason I got an access cab this time was I wanted the premium/tech package but it came with the sunroof on the DC but not the access cab. And I didn't fit with the sunroof.

My 05 was an access can long bed it was nice but I wanted more room inside and I wanted a sunroof so I bought the double cab off road short bed. I don't really miss the extra foot in the bed, the short bed hauls 4 x 8 sheets just fine.

Back