Anyone buying the New 2016-2018 TRD PRO Grilles selling for under $150

Hey, just joined to share my experience with this.

I bought a TRD PRO knockoff grill off of eBay for $99 to install on my 2018 Sport. Finally got around to doing the install today and it turned out great:

FFC16752_9_C5_F_443_D_A7_B1_BFC8467_B1_E62.jpg

The only catch is that in order for the radar to work correctly with the knock off grill, you need the actual OEM Garnish trim piece, rather than the insert that comes with the grill.

The OEM TRD PRO grill garnish is also readily available on eBay for about $50.

If you clip the garnish into place and install the radar with the star nuts from the original grill, everything should work perfectly.

Please feel free to post or email with specific questions.

Welcome to the forum

Update here. I bought the 2017 OEM and had the dealer install it. They said they'd need to calibrate the TSS and would charge me over $700. I said to just install the grille and I'll figure out calibration later. Anyone have any tips on the necessity and practics of calibrating the system?

I’m not a mechanic but I don’t know what there is to calibrate. It’s millimeter wave technology. If it’s perpendicular to the ground, it shouldn’t need any additional adjustment. There is a 6” or so elevation difference betweeen the location of the radar on the Sport/OR and the PRO. That’s it.

I’m guessing they test it, and adjust it to be perpendicular. If you notice there are 2 mounting screws and 1 screw that adjusts the plane from vertical. I’m guessing that screw is your calibration.

Save $700 and buy a level.

I’m not a mechanic but I don’t know what there is to calibrate. It’s millimeter wave technology. If it’s perpendicular to the ground, it shouldn’t need any additional adjustment. There is a 6” or so elevation difference betweeen the location of the radar on the Sport/OR and the PRO. That’s it.

I’m guessing they test it, and adjust it to be perpendicular. If you notice there are 2 mounting screws and 1 screw that adjusts the plane from vertical. I’m guessing that screw is your calibration.

Save $700 and buy a level.
Agree - I didn't have them calibrate it. They installed it, I took the truck camping this weekend and used all the TSS features. Not one error.

I bought one. For the price, I’d thought I’d take a chance. Enough people on here and other sites had bought one with out any issues so I felt confident. It took about two weeks to arrive. When I got it the box looked like it had been stomped on. “No pressure Thanks” was scribbled on the box. Once opened, I saw that three tabs were broken off. I called the company back and they made it right but I still wanted to try the grill. It snapped on even with the three tabs missing and it fits tight. Some of the cuts were right so I had to Drimmel those out. I’m pleased with it so far. It looks great and I’m the only one, besides you all, that knows there are broken tabs.

IMG_0420.jpg

Last edited:
Back