Anyone Fly Fish?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by John P. Ferry, Oct 10, 2018.

1. John P. Ferry

John P. Ferry Member

I'm just curious if anyone here fly fishes. I real enjoy fly fishing, I guide here in Maine but I really love going to Labrador for Big brook Trout, Landlocked Salmon and even big Pike on flies! I would like to see some photos and here some stories!

Thanks,
    John

DSCF0011.jpg

DEERTAY, OR17TRD and manual tacoma like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I do not fish at all. But that looks like a great catch. I live by the little red river that’s where the world record brown trout came from. If it’s not the record now it’s probably the second biggest. Lol

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I fish all the time. Just not fly fishing. A lot of people do where I live. West Virginia is full of small trout streams.

5. manual tacoma

manual tacoma Member

Labrador has been on my short list of places to go. Wow that is a beautiful brook trout!

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Nice catch. I use to make flys and sale them but never was good enough to catch anything so I stopped haha.

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OP
    John P. Ferry

John P. Ferry Member

That's a6 pound Brookie taken n a dry fly at Coopers Minipi camps, I also got a 5.75, an other 6 and a 6.5 pounder. I've been to Three RIvers Lodge, RIverkeep lodged Minipi.RIverkeep I got a 10 plus pond Landlocked Salmon

Attached Files:

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. Steelhead1953

Steelhead1953 New Member

Beautiful fish. I’m on the other side of the continent in Northern California and love to fly fish. At the beginning of our Steelhead season here. Nymphing and swinging primarily. Looks like you have more dry fly action in your neck of the woods.

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Yum steelhead fish beer :D
    Welcome to the forum.