Are all JBL speakers 2 ohms?

JRinTX83

Looking to upgrade my audio. Needing to know if all the speakers including the sub are 2 ohms. Also, is the sub a dual voice coil or single?

Separately, has anybody replaced their JBL speakers with regular 4 ohm components? What was the result?

Looking to upgrade my audio. Needing to know if all the speakers including the sub are 2 ohms. Also, is the sub a dual voice coil or single?

Separately, has anybody replaced their JBL speakers with regular 4 ohm components? What was the result?
They are 2 ohms. Not sure about your other question about the the sub. Using a higher impedance will probably produce a weak sound.

I looked into replacing my JBL speakers last year and was told by pretty much everybody that it's not as simple as you would think with these JBL systems. The way everything is wired from the head unit and through the amp makes it complicated. JL Audio makes an amp that can replace the factory one and supposedly will bring the system to life. Sorry, I don't recall the model number, but you should be able to find it on their website.

Spend some time on tacotunes.com. Very informative. I recently upgraded my 19’ stereo non JBL, that being said there are separates for the front by Infinity (kappa line), JL audio that are 2 ohm. The biggest issue I see with that is that the factory wiring for the front separates. In a non jbl the drivers and tweeters are not run through a crossover network, the tweeters have a crossover built into the connection terminals. I would imagine this is the same for JBL and non JBL as it’s the factory harness. Anyways, I ditched all factory wiring and went with a separate amp. As mentioned earlier, go to taco tunes they have the parts and help videos to get you going.

Back