Atkinson cycle 3.5

Do to the Atkinson cycle the engine has low energy on take off. Also the engine is very noisy on takeoff and the self cleaning injection cycle. Sounds like valve tapping.
Takeoff can be overcome by manual sifting the auto transmission. Once it gets up to speed shift out of the manual mode to auto. In the auto mode don't go full throttle instantly or it will feel like its stumbling. Open the throttle in 3-5 seconds and it responds much better. Try it

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, whoever designed the engine made the torque and horsepower curves about 2500 rpm too high for practical use.

Glad I don't have that issue... [emoji41][emoji23]
Y'all shoulda jumped on that OV Tune bandwagon when it was a thing...
We have a full otto cycle tune, no Atkinson junk...
It brought that power band down where it needs to be... then added mucho torque down low.
Confusing 2nd gens errwhere... lol

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had the pedal commander for two days. Solved nothing, just gave you a super sensitive throttle.

The Atkinson idea isn't a bad one, but the torque curve has to be lowered for truck use. In a small car my engine would be a rocket, but alas, I don't want to wind the piss out of the engine every time I have to climb a hill or pull a load. I'd much rather have the 4 liter V6

Last edited:
Back