Auto Start Not Working

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Alfonzo, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Alfonzo

Alfonzo New Member

2012 V6 4X4, with factory auto start and door locks. The door locks still work but the auto start doesn't. Anybody have an idea where I should start looking for the cause of auto start not working.

Alfonzo

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

2nd gens didn’t have an auto start funtion. Gotta be aftermarket.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

5. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Fuses for the aftermarket remote start

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  6. OP
    Alfonzo

Alfonzo New Member

Update, thank you all for your input. The remote start and door locks work now. As it turns out when I first replaced the battery in the remote, the door locks worked better but the remote start function didn't, which seemed a little odd. As it turns out, the first battery I put in was bad; when I put in the second "fresh" battery all functions work!

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

If there are batteries involved Always start with the battery. ;)

Bogunn likes this.