Awkward sag

NapalmTRD

I've called several dealerships and they all say the same thing, but I wanted your guys' take on this...
Does your Tacoma sag a bit on the driver side? I hate to get OCD about stuff, but I notice it on my Tacoma more than others. By the way, I'm sorry if this causes an OCD trend :)

They naturally sit lower in the from and to combat that, there are a ton of leveling kits to choose from thy will bring your front end up to the same Height as the rear. If it is leaning slightly to one side it could be a back shock or coil. Even more simply check your tire pressure.
Hope this helps

The dealerships said that all Tacomas, 4Runners, and Tundras are like this. I find it hard to believe because it doesn't really make enough sense for them to do so.
Either way, I'm gonna go in to my local dealerships within the next week or so and browse the lots to see if it's true. I must find the cause for this travesty!! I'll keep you guys posted on what I find... My truck is still within warranty, so if it's a manufacturer defect, I want it fixed or I want a new Tacoma.
In the meantime, it would be great if any of you can let me know if you notice this issue with your Tacomas

Last edited:
A shim kit is available for this exact problem! Just type whatever your looking to solve into Google!You'll be Amazed what answers you find and products!

Then the real question is: Why would Toyota put out hundreds of thousands of unfinished vehicles if you need to buy something additional to correct their mistake? Isn't this type of stuff what recalls are for?
Here's what I'm talking about...
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421351380.997223.jpg
8" gap below driver rear fender
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421351551.534801.jpg
9" gap below passenger rear fender
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421351620.633185.jpg
It's almost as if the positioning of the driver leafs isn't the same as the passenger leafs. I'd get more technical with my measurements and discoveries, but it's starting to rain and I have dainty skin ;)

Go to the dealership and look at the trucks on the lot. Keep in mind the gas tanks are just about empty. See if there is that much of a difference like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

I'm gonna try OME rear springs and see! The ones on my truck are crap from Toyota !

Post some pics if you do. I agree. Factory springs are junk. Seems like they have more recalls with those lately.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421409465.132647.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421409553.624232.jpg
I'm not buying them until Toyota replaces my frame hopefully!! Then games on! Light Racing UCA's Bilstein 5100's as much new I can do while the truck is all torn apart!

While torn down! New exhaust motor back, anything else that can be done on the motor while out! Might change gears front and rear, hubs and wheel bearings, all bushings, body mounts.19k purchase price. 10k into it. Then I'm keeping it for a long time!

While torn down! New exhaust motor back, anything else that can be done on the motor while out! Might change gears front and rear, hubs and wheel bearings, all bushings, body mounts.19k purchase price. 10k into it. Then I'm keeping it for a long time!

That's not bad. Well worth it. What's up with the frame? Recall?

Vin matches for Toyota not rustproofing correctly in manufacturing! If I bought it new it would still look new! ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421423083.483873.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1421423093.868211.jpg
Front and rear of the FJ with 171,756 miles!

After checking with a few other sources, it's entirely because of the lift. Just needs an axle shim kit.

Back