Ball joints

jk252

Before i put my 6.5 life made by Maxtrac should i go ahead and replaced the front with moog like the tie rods and sway bar links and bushing and ball joints i have about 92k miles on my 06 tacoma. Trying to make sure i have the best ride with my fox shocks

Before i put my 6.5 life made by Maxtrac should i go ahead and replaced the front with moog like the tie rods and sway bar links and bushing and ball joints i have about 92k miles on my 06 tacoma. Trying to make sure i have the best ride with my fox shocks
Life is more than 6.5
Moog makes quality parts.
Is your tie rod and your sway bar links and your bushing and your ball joint busted and no good?

Sway bar links are busted on one side i was gonna replaced all since amazon quote me 266.00!

Moog is good stuff, only brand of front end parts that I and many friends use. Don't just replace, upgrade. I'd normally say f₩€k that sway bar but with that big ass lift, it might be better to keep it,...

Upgrade what
"Don't just replace, upgrade." is kind of a motto I use when working on anything. If I broke it, it definitely needs upgrading, if something is wore out and needs replacing, it usually gets upgraded so I don't break it in the future.

I was gonna all the bushing to. Moog quote m 350$ for all that. I was gonna replaced all of it so my 6.5 maxtrac lift will ride smother

If your ball joints aren't loose, leave them. You can check by lifting the truck up and moving the wheel and watching for odd joint movement. Or you can use a pry bar.

Keep in mind that if you "upgrade" then you may be adding grease points that you will have to service. Don't neglect the balls!

Last edited:
Anything that needs replacing.

Exactly. Put at least OEM quality parts or better back in it.
Unfortunately I have learned this lesson many times over the years... just spend the money, get the best parts, and do it right the first time.

Exactly. Put at least OEM quality parts or better back in it.
Unfortunately I have learned this lesson many times over the years... just spend the money, get the best parts, and do it right the first time.

Should i buy them from toyota or moog. I want to be able to grease them

Back