Bed/Roof top tents!

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by Isaac s, May 20, 2019.

1. Isaac s

Isaac s Member

I would like a good recommendations? On a great rooftop/ bed rack mounted tent. Preferably a bed mounted tent. Pictures are always a plus.

Tacomania likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Isaac s, Takumae, Tacomania and 2 others like this.
  4. dan2015

dan2015 New Member

Napier is a good truck bed tent.. 20190622_100036~2.jpeg

kp.taco, lousiana taco and Tacomania like this.
  5. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

So you are looking for a tent and not a bed rack is that correct?

If so, what is your budget? Here are some rough numbers
    Smittybilt 800 - 1000
    Tepui 900 -1500+
    Arb 1400 - 1600
    Cvt 1500 - 2000+
    Then you have hard shells talking 3000+ unless u find a good used one

Ive owned an arb Simpson iii, it worked great no complaints. Sold it and bought an arb swag tent 130lbs lighter makes all the difference when you are wheelin! Needless to say everyone has their build purpose. From a weight perspective i think tepui has the lightest at 60lbs or 80lbs something like that, but i dnt know how that would feel in high winds... i put mine through storms, weather, freezing temps, but no snow and i can tell you when the wind hits you are going to hear and feel it loud and clear!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Jack Straw and OR17TRD like this.
  6. OP
    Isaac s

Isaac s Member

I like all those prices all seem very doable. Most case price affects quality right? I don't need the best but prefer high end. I want it not to leak.

Tacomania and Tacoman112 like this.
  7. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

Cvt seem to be of good quality and fan favorite. Not sure where they are made. Arb, tepui, smitty, they are all made in chine with different qualities. There are also other brands such ikamper tony baroud, sloop imports if you want to check some variety

8. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Only slept in this once with the wifey. Only complaint is it was not as hell outside. 20190709_174546.jpg

Cape taco and B-Man like this.