Best lift and wheel/tire setup for my 2014 tacoma?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Ben, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ben

Ben New Member

whats up guys. Just got my 14 tacoma. Wanna know what lift you think is best. And wheel and tire combo to use. Post pics if you got them. Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

jjg2014 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. swimmer12

swimmer12 Active Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1453952931.325829.jpg
    3inch rough country suspension lift
    285/75/16 mud terrains 1.25 spider trax spacers

4. A.G.

A.G. New Member

Swimmer,
    Do you have any rubbing when the wheels is cut all the way to one side?

5. tacobell

tacobell Active Member

6. sctaco94

sctaco94 Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1453990136.363388.jpg

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1453990154.232849.jpg

Running a 3" suspension with 265/70/18. Negative offset for more stance

7. A.G.

A.G. New Member

Sctaco
    What offset were the wheels you went with?

8. Robozoo

Robozoo New Member

Nice setup!

9. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

Search the last two pages of posts here. Lots of pics and information on tires, wheels, and lifts.

10. sctaco94

-12 offset

A.G. likes this.
  11. Mark2021

Mark2021 New Member

12. Mark2021

Mark2021 New Member

Running the 3" Rough Country Suspension kit on my 2015, 265/70R/16 on TRD Bead Lock wheels. I think Rough Country recommended 265/70R/17 for the tire size but you could go up to 28x10.5. Installed at the dealer so no warrantee issues, pretty much max you can do without changing parts. Kit included 3" strut spacers, 2" rear blocks and shocks.

13. malottesky

malottesky Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454275631.460117.jpg got a 3 inch lift with 285/75r16 I like it a lot no rubbing and the ride is great, bought the BFG A/T ko2

14. sctaco94

Need to kill those mudflaps bud lol

Demo Man likes this.
  15. rgrembich

rgrembich New Member

I am running 33x12.50x20 on 3 in spacer lift ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454875999.523228.jpg

16. urodoctor

urodoctor Active Member

How is the spacer lift working out for you? I've heard it will damage parts overtime due to incorrect vehicle geometry. Keep in mind my truck is not lifted and I have very little knowledge on the subject.

2016 TRD OFF-ROAD

17. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

You can do spacers without damaging anything but you have to get top quality which will include maintaining factory angles of the rear differential. My rear spacer is tapered to maintain the diff angle. I'm running ProComp 2 1/2" front and rear 7/8" tapered aluminum solid block.

Heidi B likes this.
  18. sctaco94

Also maintain an eye on your stud length also. Too much spacer can screw with a lot

19. Salstoy

Salstoy Active Member

On my buddies FJ we did the 3" spacer in front but also needed to add new control arms to get the correct alignment. Is that also true for tacos?

20. sctaco94

Could be if it is a 4wd. Sometimes just spacer lifts can stretch some stuff that shouldn't be stretched

21. PinkTaco

PinkTaco Well-Known Member

Any lift other than a spindle lift(only prerunners) or mabye a drop bracket lift changes the geometry of the front end and in turn makes it hard to align properly without new ucas, i dont have ucas and im lifted 3 in but my castor is pretty low. Its still plenty drivable but above 65 it wanders on hwy