Best lift for 2014 trd sport tacoma

hileman15

Hey guys looking to put about a 3" lift on my new tacoma, what are some of the lifts you guys have or would reccomemd? Not lookin to do any hardcore off-roading, but not looking to do a cheap crappy lift either. Thanks in advance!

I went with the Icon stage 4 Kit. It'll give you look you want plus the ride of it is amazing. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1407367694.060056.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1407367768.798726.jpg

2014 TRD, Stage 4 Icon Suspension, Toyo 33 A/T, Method Mesh 16inch Wheels, Apex 30" LED light bar

OME rear Springs rear 2.5" of lift . No blocks and shims to deal with. If budget comes into play many different helper springs available.But,blocks and longer u-bolts are cheap and do the trick!

For the front I've used bilstein adjustable 5100's on my FJ and I wheeled the heck out of them!! I also like OME front springs. 884,885,886 these springs are for front loads from stock, aftermarket bumper, aftermarket bumper with winch. I just bought my 2007 double cab and I should get a new frame in a few months! Then I'm going to built it for wheeling!ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1420164641.958910.jpg

I went with the Icon stage 4 Kit. It'll give you look you want plus the ride of it is amazing. View attachment 3199View attachment 3200

2014 TRD, Stage 4 Icon Suspension, Toyo 33 A/T, Method Mesh 16inch Wheels, Apex 30" LED light bar
I agree with Savage21 their is nothing like the ride of icons. I sold my 5100s and went with stage three icon lift after doing lots of research on Tacoma World. They are expensive but it looks like with your budget it would be ok. It literally feels like a new truck. I have the cdc valves on the shocks which allows you on the fly, to harden the ride or soften the ride depending on if your on road or off road. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1423692995.544664.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1423693010.013732.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1423693025.631764.jpg

How many miles have any of you guys put on the Icons ? Doesn't look like you do much wheeling. How can you adjust ride dampening while driving?

I just put them on so I have not for wheeled on them yet. You don't adjust them while driving you adjust them while the car is parked.
"The ICON CDC Valve is an externally adjustable valve that restricts oil flow into the reservoir creating 10 levels of compression damping force ranges. Controlling the amount of oil flow externally allows optimizing of ride quality for varying terrains. With the addition of an ICON CDC Valve a different tune is required on the working piston to get the ride quality range of adjustment to softer than standard at the “S” setting and much firmer than standard at the “H” setting. The ICON CDC Valve piston is custom tuned per application with different valve stacks because not all shocks or applications are equal. Adding on the CDC Valve is not a one size fits all if you want optimum performance. The CDCV external knob allows for 10 levels of adjustment. Each detent from S-H is a noticeable difference in ride. When engineering this feature into each shock application, the main shock piston is re-calibrated such that setting “4” is equivalent to the non CDCV version. This allows for both a softer and firmer ride than the same application without this option. The ICON CDC Valve brings a new thinking to the table with an upgrade option that offers true ride quality diversity."(http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/...ng-list-1/icon-cdc-compression-valve-upgrade/)

Nice , I had some custom length Rancho 9900 I think that was the number . Installed four on the rear of a 2007 GMC 2500 HD Diesel with 10" of rear lift. 800 HP ! They seemed to feel a bit different for first 50,000 miles.

I agree with Savage21 their is nothing like the ride of icons. I sold my 5100s and went with stage three icon lift after doing lots of research on Tacoma World. They are expensive but it looks like with your budget it would be ok. It literally feels like a new truck. I have the cdc valves on the shocks which allows you on the fly, to harden the ride or soften the ride depending on if your on road or off road. View attachment 4747View attachment 4748View attachment 4749
These are sexy

I went with the Icon stage 4 Kit. It'll give you look you want plus the ride of it is amazing. View attachment 3199View attachment 3200

Hey man, sick build! I'm looking in getting rims did you have a problem with 16s fitting? In deciding wether go with 17 or 16. Ppl say that Tacoma TRD. Sport 4x4 won't fit. Any input on that?

Back