Best lift kits

Csilver3

I want to lift my truck at least 3 inches to fit bigger tires. Which lift kits do you recommend?

I just installed bilstien struts with a 3" procomp coil lift, after having a coil spacer the ride is amazing with the new setup

I want to lift my truck at least 3 inches to fit bigger tires. Which lift kits do you recommend?

What size tires do you want to go with? I went with 33" tires on 18" wheels. Pro Comp 2 1/2 leveling kit up front. 1" rear block for leaf springs. Cost was around $200.

Wow that's not expensive. It's a lot cheaper than what I was quoted... I'm trying to go with a setup no larger than 33s. 18's would be great, but would prefer the meaty tires, so I would most likely go with 17's or possibly even 16's. Do your tires rub with this height?

Im assuming that your mpg sucks now with bigger and heavier wheels? Not like it really matters to me, but just curious. Also how does your truck ride with this lift ?

Yes, mileage went south a bit and ride also but not much. I went with 18" wheels to keep from that balloon look with fat tires. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler II which are 10 ply, low noise but still an aggressive tread. Pics are before I added the rear 1" block to completely level the truck. The last pic does have the 1" blocks in rear.

IMG_1431 (Small).JPG IMG_1435 (Small).JPG IMG_1428 (Small).JPG IMG_1429 (Small).JPG image1 (Small).jpeg

Skip blocks and spacers. Spacers make the ride harsh and can damage the coilover. Blocks add to an already axle wrap happy rear suspension.

Skip blocks and spacers. Spacers make the ride harsh and can damage the coilover. Blocks add to an already axle wrap happy rear suspension.
He's looking for budget lift. I agree spacers are not the way to go but front spring extension does not hurt anything as long as you don't go too high which can cause alignment issues. A 1" tapered block also will not hurt the pinion angle. If you do it right you can get up to a 33" tire with the 2 1/2" Procomp front leveling kit. If you like the front higher than rear you don't need the 1" tapered rear blocks. I prefer the block to level the truck. Now, if you want to put coil-overs on, you have to spend some good money. It's your truck, just don't go too tall if you do a leveling kit.

Wow that's not expensive. It's a lot cheaper than what I was quoted... I'm trying to go with a setup no larger than 33s. 18's would be great, but would prefer the meaty tires, so I would most likely go with 17's or possibly even 16's. Do your tires rub with this height?
Thats because those are spacers

Yes, mileage went south a bit and ride also but not much. I went with 18" wheels to keep from that balloon look with fat tires. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler II which are 10 ply, low noise but still an aggressive tread. Pics are before I added the rear 1" block to completely level the truck. The last pic does have the 1" blocks in rear.

View attachment 10391 View attachment 10392 View attachment 10393 View attachment 10395 View attachment 10396
10ply?

Do you cross dry lava fields?

My father in law does and he runs 10ply.

He's looking for budget lift. I agree spacers are not the way to go but front spring extension does not hurt anything as long as you don't go too high which can cause alignment issues. A 1" tapered block also will not hurt the pinion angle. If you do it right you can get up to a 33" tire with the 2 1/2" Procomp front leveling kit. If you like the front higher than rear you don't need the 1" tapered rear blocks. I prefer the block to level the truck. Now, if you want to put coil-overs on, you have to spend some good money. It's your truck, just don't go too tall if you do a leveling kit.

Top hat spacers move the lower control arm away from the bump stop which can cause the shock to bottom out before the bump stop makes contact. This can bend your shocks if you hot hard enough and has happened to some.

Coil spacers add preload to the stock coil which makes for a harsh ride and can prematurely cause the coils to sag.

5100s are inexpensive and a much better option. If you are on a budget then maybe you shouldn't mod.

Again, 2 1/2" leveling kit will hurt nothing. My 2015 has been serviced by the dealer I purchased it from and they say it is fine and will not hurt anything. But that is maximum. The ride changed little until I replaced the stock wheels and tire to the over-sized off-road tires. You are posting pics of a completely different setup. And if you're jumping off-road you will break **** regardless. I have over 10,000 miles on my leveling kit, taken it off-roading many times and NO issues including alignment. Stop trying to scare this guy. I agree coil-overs are great but for a minor lift and not trying to make his truck do jumps, he will be fine with a leveling kit. The pic of the bent shock looks like it was at the end of it's life and the shock was frozen. Not from any leveling kit from what I see in the pic. Regarding 10 ply VS 4 ply the difference in cost was minimal. Like maybe $10 or $15 more each and give you about 40,000 more miles on the tires. Also, very difficult to damage them when off-roading. Also great if you are going to trailer anything. Read up on them.

Again, 2 1/2" leveling kit will hurt nothing. My 2015 has been serviced by the dealer I purchased it from and they say it is fine and will not hurt anything. But that is maximum. The ride changed little until I replaced the stock wheels and tire to the over-sized off-road tires. You are posting pics of a completely different setup. And if you're jumping off-road you will break **** regardless. I have over 10,000 miles on my leveling kit, taken it off-roading many times and NO issues including alignment. Stop trying to scare this guy. I agree coil-overs are great but for a minor lift and not trying to make his truck do jumps, he will be fine with a leveling kit. The pic of the bent shock looks like it was at the end of it's life and the shock was frozen. Not from any leveling kit from what I see in the pic. Regarding 10 ply VS 4 ply the difference in cost was minimal. Like maybe $10 or $15 more each and give you about 40,000 more miles on the tires. Also, very difficult to damage them when off-roading. Also great if you are going to trailer anything. Read up on them.
Im not reading up on 10ply tires for a truck that weighs 4400lbs and has a 1k payload.

Ill keep my spine intact thanks.

5100s are just the shocks of the whole coilover assembly. Our suspension is a coilover setup already.

People have had issues just driving on the street not jumping their trucks. The dealer doesn't know **** about anything besides what the computer tells them. The picture I posted was from a top plate spacer lift equipped truck. There's plenty more out there of the same issue. Here's more of spacer lift equipped trucks:

IMG_1672.JPG

Damaged%252520shock%252520because%252520of%252520spacer%252520lift.jpg

Those pictures have nothing to do with alignment. Shock bottoms out before the bump stop is hit and boom.

10 ply tires on a light truck is retarded unless you're rock crawling all the time.

Last edited:
5100s are just the shocks of the whole coilover assembly. Our suspension is a coilover setup already.

People have had issues just driving on the street not jumping their trucks. The dealer doesn't know **** about anything besides what the computer tells them. The picture I posted was from a top plate spacer lift equipped truck. There's plenty more out there of the same issue. Here's more of spacer lift equipped trucks:

IMG_1672.JPG

Damaged%252520shock%252520because%252520of%252520spacer%252520lift.jpg

Those pictures have nothing to do with alignment. Shock bottoms out before the bump stop is hit and boom.

10 ply tires on a light truck is retarded unless you're rock crawling all the time.

Guess all the tire manufacturers are retarded along with myself. No idea why they even make 10 ply tires since you are the expert. 10 ply will have a much stronger sidewall which will give better overall control and tread life. But you are right, no reason to buy them. No wonder why you are Negative Nancy! Where is the pic of the leveling kit on the truck you are posting?

Guess all the tire manufacturers are retarded along with myself. No idea why they even make 10 ply tires since you are the expert. 10 ply will have a much stronger sidewall which will give better overall control and tread life. But you are right, no reason to buy them. No wonder why you are Negative Nancy! Where is the pic of the leveling kit on the truck you are posting?

10 ply tires are made for heavier vehicles like a Superduty.

I know you need to see a picture to understand what's going on but I don't have one. I know these are spacer lift equipped trucks because I was around when the thread was started of the owner showing us the damage.

Basically the coilover assembly is moved down to achieve the lift. So because of that the shock can run out of travel before the lower control arm hits the bump stop. Your shock turns into the bump stop and what you see is what can happen on a hard enough hit. One guy bent both on a pothole on the freeway. Obviously your dealer isn't going to mention this because they want to make money off of you. They got a check to exclusively sell a certain brand like my dealer did from Readylift.

As far as retardation goes...you said it.

10 ply tires are made for heavier vehicles like a Superduty.

I know you need to see a picture to understand what's going on but I don't have one. I know these are spacer lift equipped trucks because I was around when the thread was started of the owner showing us the damage.

Basically the coilover assembly is moved down to achieve the lift. So because of that the shock can run out of travel before the lower control arm hits the bump stop. Your shock turns into the bump stop and what you see is what can happen on a hard enough hit. One guy bent both on a pothole on the freeway. Obviously your dealer isn't going to mention this because they want to make money off of you. They got a check to exclusively sell a certain brand like my dealer did from Readylift.

As far as retardation goes...you said it.
Was this pauls truck?
Toucanv13?

If so, i can vouch he blew his out on a dip in the road and had a brolift.

Back