Best riding 4" suspention lift - not worried about cost...

Yep. But if the 20” wheels are spinners it’ll make it all worth it. [emoji41]

Lol. At least they’re american force; heck of a wheel. I’ve been through that phase. I love the looks on a setup like that. I really love the looks actually. But the ride quality suffers big time. Steering is different and cant do much off road or you’ll knick those pretty expensive wheels with a lo pro tire. That’s been my experience anyway. If those downfalls don’t matter, you’ll have badass looking tacoma lol. I’d do 20x10 on a tacoma though. 20x12 may be overkill. That’s just me

20” wheels look ok on a full size truck lifted with 35” tires minimum. 18” is the biggest I’d go on a Tacoma. 16” is ideal if you plan on off-roading and required to air down. 12” wide wheels with 11.2” wide tires. The tires stay on the rim how? o_O

20” wheels look ok on a full size truck lifted with 35” tires minimum. 18” is the biggest I’d go on a Tacoma. 16” is ideal if you plan on off-roading and required to air down. 12” wide wheels with 11.2” wide tires. The tires stay on the rim how? o_O

I had a 6” Fabtech lift and ran some 20”x12” wheels with Iroks and other than the wheel bearings going out ever 6 months it was a fun truck.

I don’t do any kind of rock climbing and never let the air out of my tires intentionally to go do anything. I spend a lot of time in my vehicles for work and want to have something fun. My riding is mostly mud and dusty gravel that turns into mush when it rains.

I had a 6” Fabtech lift and ran some 20”x12” wheels with Iroks and other than the wheel bearings going out ever 6 months it was a fun truck.

I don’t do any kind of rock climbing and never let the air out of my tires intentionally to go do anything. I spend a lot of time in my vehicles for work and want to have something fun. My riding is mostly mud and dusty gravel that turns into mush when it rains.
If your wheels are wider than your tires and they get stuck in the mud the bead can break easy and the wheel can spin inside the tire and you’ll go no where. Something to think about.

So I ended up going with a kit put together from Headstrong Off-Road. Their was a lot of back and forth discussions about what items would best suit me for my end goals. Very knowledgeable people and great to deal with. It took me a while to get everything together and have it put on between me working out the country but I managed to have it all on the day before I left out again.
  • Front - ICON 2.5 coil over / extended travel (Progressive Valve) reservoir shocks (higher spring load rating front)+Stage 2 secondary adjustable damping shock / Rear ICON 2.0 VS reservoir shocks
  • Icon hydraulic bump stock, skid plates
  • ARB Dakar OME Full leaf pack replacement / U-bolts, D-shaft spacer, shackle kit, bushing kit
  • Total Chaos – Heim Joint Pivot UCA’s / P# 96504-H
Wheels/Tires:
  • 20 x 10” -25mm offset, American Force / Special Forces Sires - RUCKUS SF8
  • 33” x 11.50 R20LT / Nitto Ridge Grappler
Truck rides great and I can't say I notice any power loss from the tires. I did have to do some trimming to allow for the wheels to clear but the installer did a real clean job and it's not noticeable. I also put in a pull-glide retractable bed slide and a Low-Pro color match aluminum bed cover. I wanted to turn the entire bed into a toolbox.

Last edited:
  • 20 x 12” American Force / Special Forces Sires - RUCKUS SF8
  • 33” x 11.50 R20LT / Nitto Ridge Grappler
Your rim is wider than your tire?

Sorry man I already left out the country for work. The only pictures I took were the one's I posted above and unfortunately truck was dirty and it was getting dark. When I get back in I'll clean it up and take some detailed pictures. I'm also got a set of the 3" OD textured black nerf step tubes from N-Fab coming. I'm also not a fan of the rear (completely plastic) chrome looking bumper. So I have a feeling that will go as well.

Back