Biggest Tire Size?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by TRD4x4, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TRD4x4

TRD4x4 Active Member

I have a stock 2007 Tacoma TRD 4x4. Does anyone know what the largest tires I can fit in it are?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Marks Taco

Marks Taco Member

265/75r16. Have them on my truck. Love the size and speedo is now correct

4. Marks Taco

Marks Taco Member

Wait...what is the size of your rims?

5. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site Mark. When you get a chance give us a quick introduction and maybe post some pictures of your truck. I'd love to see it.

6. OP
    TRD4x4

TRD4x4 Active Member

Thanks for posting.
    I believe I have 17" rims.

7. Marks Taco

Marks Taco Member

I believe 265/70-17. Take off front mud flaps also. That's your only mod to do

8. OP
    TRD4x4

TRD4x4 Active Member

Awesome, thanks! Will this make my speedometer off?

9. Marks Taco

Marks Taco Member

Verify your speedo now and you will most likely see it reads 5mph more than what you are really going. Going to the taller tire will actually bring that to almost dead on

royandlola likes this.
  10. tvbd56

tvbd56 Member

Where did you get this from? 265/75-R16 is the stock tire size and will make the speedometer be dead on.

11. Marks Taco

Marks Taco Member

Stock tire size is either 265/70r16 or 245/75R16. I verified my speedometer with GPS. Also had Toyota verify my speedometer. They told me it reads 5mph faster than what you are really going. When I put on the 265/75R16 on which I believe is almost a inch taller corrected the speedometer.

12. Monster Coma

Monster Coma New Member

Better sticky this.. It will be asked hundreds of times

13. AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Well-Known Member

But the real question is will my 285's rub if I dont have a lift? lol

14. Marks Taco

Marks Taco Member

285 will not fit without a lift, different wheels or wheel spacers and trimming of the body mount

15. Kioti

Kioti Member

I just bought a 2013 Tacoma with a 1 1/2" leveling kit installed. What is the biggest size tire I can put on the stock 16" wheels?

16. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

265 without trimming.

17. OP
    TRD4x4

TRD4x4 Active Member

I appreciate all the feedback.

18. Kioti

Kioti Member

Thanks

Boy no kidding ... thanks for the reply on the tire size for my new Tacoma...what a great site.
    :thumbsup:

19. TRD~Taco

TRD~Taco Active Member

I've got 285/75/16s on mine with no trimming. I've run them with the stock Billies and also with adjustable 5100s. No issues

20. tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

I run 285/75/16 with 3 inch lift and spacers. No rubbing or trimming needed.

21. smokinjoe

smokinjoe BEER ALWAYS GETS ME STUCK

For those running a 285/75/16 on 3inch lift and no spacers can u post pics