Bilstein 5100 installation?

Flannel_Lover

I'm doing some research on the 5100 shocks, for all of yall that have them, I have a question. Is there a kit I have to buy to install them? Or can I just use the stock springs?

Flannel_Lover 2011 taco 2.7 sclb base model.

I just did front and rear and the ride quality is worlds better. Stock springs, stock height. Best mod I have done to the truck. They come with everything you need. No risk what so ever without a spring compressor if you do it this way:

Probably safer than a spring compressor actually. I didn't remove the sway bar and had no problem doing the swap.

Ditto on what abbazaba14 said. Almost verbatim what I did except that I leveled out my truck with stock springs instead of keeping it stock ride height. I even did it the way they show you on YouTube. You won't be disappointed.

Just ordered a set of 5100's front and rear. Do I need anything else to fit 35s?

I see some kits come with a spacer to achieve a full 3" lift up front. Is so, any suggestions on where to order this from?

Also, will I need new UCAs?

Thanks for your help! Looking forward to this mod.

Thanks.
With the new tire size, I assume the speedo will be affected. Can this be corrected?

The speedo will be affected by the bigger tires, you can correct it but you have to buy a programmer for you taco, with 33's the speedo will read about 10% faster, I don't worry about it, I just run the sped limit, knowing I'm a little fast, but in Texas, everyone drives fast...

Back