Bilsteins and AAL's

Stoney

I purchased the Bilstein 5100s and AAL's for the back of my 2012 Tacoma. I went to Meineke today and they told me it would cost me $800 because they would have to re-arch the springs in the back, replace the bands on the springs if they break and do a front end alignment. Any comments welcomed! I paid $280.00 for the parts and got them already.

Depending on your level of mechanics, you can do it yourself, it's not hard, just have to know what your doing.... And if you ask me all the stuff about rearching the leafs and everything else is just to get you to pay them more $$

Well don't go there!! I have and add a leaf in the rear and spacers in the front which I'm pretty sure is more time consuming than 5100s and I payed like 300 for install and a local truck shop.. I would do it my self or find somewhere else to get it installed

I purchased the Bilstein 5100s and AAL's for the back of my 2012 Tacoma. I went to Meineke today and they told me it would cost me $800 because they would have to re-arch the springs in the back, replace the bands on the springs if they break and do a front end alignment. Any comments welcomed! I paid $280.00 for the parts and got them already.
I have the exact same setup on my truck. Bilstein 5100s up front set at 2.5". And a 2" aal in the rear. I paid a local shop $300 for labor and that included alignment. 800 is way too much!

I just did my spacers and 2" AAL, I bought off ebay. Stock shocks. The job only takes about 3 hours at home. You will need 2 small and 1 large C clamp to do the AAL. Easy to do. I love the new look.

Attachments

• Collage 2016-03-02 13_30_32.jpg
    Collage 2016-03-02 13_30_32.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 35
Back