Brake help!? 06 TRD

AlaTacoma83

I recently got a steal on a 06 tacoma but the kid didn't keep it up. He admitted that he ran the brakes until they went to the floor then relied on e brake to stop!? Anyway, I replaced rotors and pads but brakes still going to floor. I noticed that someone during this poor trucks life that brake fluid had leaked out on left front rim and ate finish off. So I'm wondering if now I get to replace the master or calipers? Any advice would be appreciated.

I recently got a steal on a 06 tacoma but the kid didn't keep it up. He admitted that he ran the brakes until they went to the floor then relied on e brake to stop!? Anyway, I replaced rotors and pads but brakes still going to floor. I noticed that someone during this poor trucks life that brake fluid had leaked out on left front rim and ate finish off. So I'm wondering if now I get to replace the master or calipers? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sounds like something blew. Fitting, line, etc. I'd start checking. Have someone push on the peddle while you look around. Good luck. Keep us posted. Pics when you get a chance.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1456919409.674462.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1456919450.112575.jpg
Two bolts on the calipers easy! Buy a magnetic bottle in a brake bleeding kits . Also videos online to help you! You need someone to pump the brake pedal while you force out air bubbles.

Back