Brush Guards/ Bull guards

matt horning

Hey y'all. I own a 2010 tacoma with 2.7 liter engine. I recently had a deer hit my truck and almost totaled it. I am looking into a brush guard/ bull guard to prevent this from happening again. Some things I have concerns on is the weight of a brush guard and the amount of protection they provide. What is the best thing I could do for my truck? Thanks.

Hey y'all. I own a 2010 tacoma with 2.7 liter engine. I recently had a deer hit my truck and almost totaled it. I am looking into a brush guard/ bull guard to prevent this from happening again. Some things I have concerns on is the weight of a brush guard and the amount of protection they provide. What is the best thing I could do for my truck? Thanks.

Won't happen
U need a REAL bumper like an arb, or another plate/tube/hybrid bumper.

A US "bullbar" or even a brushbar are worthless usually in an accident, they fold right back and do MORE damage than u had without it.

@Bojangles speaks the truth. Look at a replacement front bumper or something more solid for more protection. At low speed a bull bar will help save some front end but at normal driving speed it’ll do damage.

Back