Can Someone tell me about he Deaver leaf springs?

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by kingofthetaco, Aug 28, 2018.

1. kingofthetaco

kingofthetaco Well-Known Member

Not sure the purpose of them and if they’re worth it.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Deaver is a name of the manufacture of the leaf springs. The purpose of replacing the leaf springs is to lift the rear of your truck. Most people do this to fit larger tires and get better performance from the ride on and off road. Dakar’s is another one.

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Deaver J66s (I think that's the Tacoma code) are mostly meant for suspension travel. They do not hold weight well.

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

Dakar’s if you have weight. They can be a little stiff without a constant load.
    There is also All Pro, Alcan, skyjacker...

6. OP
    kingofthetaco

kingofthetaco Well-Known Member

Do any of you prefer them?

7. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I have the OME Dakars on my '17 and also had some on a '10. They give about 2" of lift, carry added weight very well and as @OR17TRD stated above, they do ride a little more like a truck than the factory leaves. But I also haven't slapped the rear bumpstops since I installed them. Haha! I recommend them, they're a huge improvement in my eyes.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. SomeDirtyCuban

SomeDirtyCuban Well-Known Member

I just added a Deaver AAL just yesterday it rides really smooth but it hasn’t settled yet I have a rear bumper with tire swing out and so far it looks great but I need new tires lol

Edit* I plan on upgrading to one Dakar’s later on down the road as I do intend to add more weight to the rear.

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OU81taco16

OU81taco16 Well-Known Member

That’s what she said!

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. OU81taco16

OU81taco16 Well-Known Member

With my fiberglass cap, tools , recovery gear and several other items. I carry 500 lbs daily up to 1,000 some weeks. Have the Dakar HD rated for another 650 lbs. I know That doesn’t change Toyotas bearing hub assembly load ratings. But, with E load rated tires and heavier springs you don’t have any rear end sagging or oversteer! My truck rides great empty or loaded up with OME BP-51 !

Crawdad and OR17TRD like this.
  11. ToyShopTaco

ToyShopTaco New Member

The Deaver kit rides really well on the street and off-road. Does not like to haul weight around though

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

Dakar’s for weight.