Can someone tell me what this is?

turnerTRD

I have an 08 Tacoma TRD sport 4x4 I thought these was only spaces to add switches but when I popped them out two of them had wiring harnesses behind them

Attachments

• 1451421303677.jpg
    1451421303677.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 82
If I could find out exactly what these two are it would. And I have 2 of them like that bottom left and the middle one. And if it was options like traction control why wouldn't it come with the switch?

I think the bottom middle is the diff lock switch on the off roads... I know mine was empty... As for why you don't the trac switch, beats the hell out of me....

I have an 08 Tacoma TRD sport 4x4 I thought these was only spaces to add switches but when I popped them out two of them had wiring harnesses behind them
Same here on my 07. if i were to buy the Trac switch would it control the traction control on off??

If I'm not mistaking on the sports even if we add the trac switch it wouldn't work bc it still needs other things other than switch

They often use the same wire harness in all the trucks and add the options as the build progresses. Most vehicle manufacturers due this to save time and to simplify the assembly line. And no you simply can't put a switch in there and expect it to suddenly have the option. The other end of the harness won't be plugged into anything as well.

Here's an off road panel for you
View attachment 7695

Since you posted that, I have a concern for that. I am wanting to add some stuff to mine i.e. Light bar in grill for example. I'm wanted to put a button like that in place of an empty spot so it is flush and even like the other buttons (fog lights etc) where am I able to find materials for that?

Since you posted that, I have a concern for that. I am wanting to add some stuff to mine i.e. Light bar in grill for example. I'm wanted to put a button like that in place of an empty spot so it is flush and even like the other buttons (fog lights etc) where am I able to find materials for that?

Check out aironboard.com they sell replacements for the left side and middle under the A/C controls

The fact that I don't use half of my switches makes me kinda wish I didn't get a TRD off road, but I can always connect the switch to another harness if I want to add anything and switch back whenever

Back