CANOPY FOR 2017 TACOMA

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Sonny, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Sonny

Sonny New Member

Hello everyone need some advice, I have 2017 Tacoma long bed, I want to purchase Canopy camper, What brand I sure buy?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

What brands are you looking at?

4. OP
    Sonny

Sonny New Member

LEER OR ARE.

5. OR17TRD

I’ve only had leer and the two that I’ve had where good caps. They are made to fit well and look good for a cap. I’d get a leer again if I was going to get one.

6. Thibster

Thibster Well-Known Member

7. OR17TRD

And it’s only $4000

8. Thibster

Thibster Well-Known Member

Yeah but so convenient!!! And solid and everything. But one will still need brackets to maintain the side of the bed of the truck that will tend to open with an RTT on top of any canopy. One of my friends is making some here in QC in stainless steel. One can réalise that he needs some brackets when he have difficulties to open or close the rear lid.

9. efinkens1

efinkens1 Active Member

I like the alu cab but it has no ventilation for the dogs.

10. OP
    Sonny

Sonny New Member

I look around I think leer my top choices.thank you everyone for advice.

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

Pictures when you get it on. Let us know what you do.

12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

^^^ that

13. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Well-Known Member

might look at Snugtop before you buy. They are pretty good quality, as is Leer and ARE.

14. OR17TRD

My cousin has a snugtop on his Chevy and I haven’t heard him complain about it. I’ve never owned one but seems well made and fits good on his truck.