Carrier bearing

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by shon4145, Nov 2, 2017.

1. shon4145

shon4145 New Member

I have a 2010 Tacoma 4-door, long bed, 2 wheel drive. I had the U joints replaced last year and couple weeks later I felt that the carrier bearing was going bad but it would chirp sometimes and then stop and wasn't a major problem. It totally went out last week. I had a new one installed and 2 days later it's making a terrible noise. What could be the problem? I'm not sure where the mechanic got the part but I'm assuming AutoZone or something like that. Can I get a factory replacement that's going to hold up for good? What could cause them to go bad so quickly? Thanks for any responses.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’d be taking it back to who ever did the work and making them fix it right. If I paid to have it done it needs to be done right.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.