Catalytic converter theft

We used to spray them with high heat fluorescent paint to deter thieves from turning them in for profit at salvage yards .
In Ohio after awhile most legit recyclers were aware not to pay for any that had paint on them .

They steal them with a sawzall. I doubt that test pipe is going to just bolt up after they cut the cat out unless they are very conscientious thieves.

You need to put the test pipe in before they steal the cat.

They steal them with a sawzall. I doubt that test pipe is going to just bolt up after they cut the cat out unless they are very conscientious thieves.

You need to put the test pipe in before they steal the cat.
Agreed

So how does a pipe perform the same as a converter???Am I missing something??Please explain....appreciate all replys....thanks....

It doesn't. It simply fits in place of the missing converter. It's not intended for on road use. In most states you'd probably not pass you state emissions test without a catalytic converter.

It doesn't. It simply fits in place of the missing converter. It's not intended for on road use. In most states you'd probably not pass you state emissions test without a catalytic converter.
Im in fl no emmisions f*** the environment and the performance is exactly the same

My solution, homemade skid plate under the transmission. Installed different size & type fasteners.

Attachments

• 1430793898775.jpg
    1430793898775.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 1430793943727.jpg
    1430793943727.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 1430793981817.jpg
    1430793981817.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 25
Back