Check Engine light with a Trac Off light, too;

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by American Airlines, Oct 21, 2018.

1. American Airlines

American Airlines New Member

I'm a new owner of a 2012 TRD off road, with a V6 engine. Before buying this beautiful truck, I had my local mechanic check it out and make sure there no hidden codes in the computer. There were none. This truck has 124,000 miles and looks like the previous owner had taken care of it well. The other day, a very rainy day, I tried using 4H, ran great. I selected 2h before parking it in the garage, overnight. I drove it the next day, running local errands, no problems. The next morning, I get a check engine light, and a Trac off light. What the heck?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Check for codes. It's normal for TRAC OFF to be on when there is a CEL.

pauljboudreau and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OP
    American Airlines

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

6. OP
    American Airlines

Thanks,
    it's been a long time coming!

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the '12!