Classic cars or trucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TOMS AUTO, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Sounds good Series 6 :)

B-Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

9625F596-118A-447B-99DD-7863226F454B.jpeg 786065CC-41FE-4CE3-8DB0-D9FEC5F8F64B.jpeg 7B3452E6-7F05-4B3D-A7FE-C3623D2F19A5.jpeg The latest on the Alpinstein

4. Series6

Side vents.

Attached Files:

5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Lookin' good!

Cape taco and Scott Wyman like this.
  6. Cape taco

That's a sweet ride .I love those wheels .I was looking online last night at TR-6 ford 5.0 conversions .they are pretty slick.

Series6, B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  7. Series6

The guy building the car called this morning and let me listen to it run. Won’t be long now.

B-Man, Cape taco and Scott Wyman like this.
  8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

I didn't know it was a long distance relationship. Those are difficult to maintain.;)

B-Man, Series6 and Cape taco like this.
  9. Cape taco

That's funny right there! Lol

Scott Wyman, B-Man and Series6 like this.
  10. Series6

The great benefit was I wasn’t over there weekly being annoying asking “is it finished yet?” Made things go better.

car is in Indiana, I’m in Washington, checks are in between

Scott Wyman, B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  11. Cape taco

Or if its close by and you stop in all the time ,"Its gonna cost more cuz you're in my way !" LOL:)

Series6, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  12. Series6

My interference would put the project out of budget.

Scott Wyman, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  13. Series6

It’s Alive..

Attached Files:

Scott Wyman, B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  14. Cape taco

That's awesome series6 !!! I just missed out getting a '67 alpine last week from Craigslist about 20 minutes from my house damn ! It was a 4 cyl. Had lots of new stuff .7500 is what it sold for .the guy Said if the buyer didn't take it I was next .Rats ill keep looking

Scott Wyman, Series6 and B-Man like this.
  15. Series6

Cape look up SAOCA.org

best source of Alpine info and support in the US.

Scott Wyman and Cape taco like this.
  16. Cape taco

Thanx, I have been lurking around there !I like the triumph GT-6 as well has a nice look to it .some are pricey though !

Scott Wyman likes this.
  17. Series6

I had a thing for Alpines since I saw one for the first time after a lousy winter in Toronto 1961. I toyed with the idea of getting an MGC, TR250 or TR5, but kept coming back to the Sunbeams. Mine are highly modified and I chuckle when someone comes up and says “I had one just like this in 196? Same color and everything.”

fyi-love my Tacoma. My Alpines are great but my Tacoma is as reliable as gravity.

Scott Wyman and Cape taco like this.
  18. Cape taco

Me too I miss my '35 but the money came in handy for bills while I missed 11 weeks of work for knee replacements.I'm 6'1" so I'm not sure what I will fit in for a toy .my friend has a '60 MGA which is pretty good for me so we'll see what happens

Scott Wyman likes this.
  19. Cape taco

64 K in receipts from the first knee .holy crap it gonna cost me about 5k total for both , good old blue cross blue shield .my wife said I better not fall off my mountain bike!:eek: lol

Scott Wyman, Series6 and B-Man like this.
  20. Cape taco

20210430_161124~2.jpg
    One of my friends is building a '39 Nash into a beach buggy, He sold it 20 years ago and the guy did nothing with it so he bought it back and put it on a '85 Chevy pickup short bed chassis exact wheelbase .its cool.

21. Series6

Well…. It finally got home and once I get it aligned and a few bugs (I knew about) worked out, this thing will be great.

Pix to follow.

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.