Cold engine knocking under acceleration

Darrel

I have an 02 2.7 with 176,000 miles that has been knocking during cold weather under acceleration for just the first mile or so and just goes away. This has been going on for the last 30,000 miles or so with no lights or miss . Just wondering if anyone else has these issues and is it common in these engines?

I have an 02 2.7 with 176,000 miles that has been knocking during cold weather under acceleration for just the first mile or so and just goes away. This has been going on for the last 30,000 miles or so with no lights or miss . Just wondering if anyone else has these issues and is it common in these engines?
Mine does it. Not very loud but I can hear it. And I have a 2012

I have a 96 taco and I just had the engine rebuilt about 5000 miles ago and Mine does the same for the first couple of minutes, then after it warms up it stops.

Back