Combining Bilstein 5100s and coil spacer

Yota4life

Time to get some thoughts and advice on this...right now I have Bilstein 5100s all around, I have the front is set at 2.5 and I have a 2" AAL in the rear. What I would like to do is remove the AAL and set the front shocks to 0, I would then add a 3" spacer to the front. Is there any possible conflict with the spacer and longer shocks? Input is greatly appreciated.

Stock front coils? Front will only be a problem if your tire size is to large when you drop the spring plate. On the rear the 5100's have different lengths you can buy. If they are the 1-2" over factory you should be fine. Check the number on the rear shocks. Look it up online and that will help with the size.

Why would you take 2.5" of suspension lift out of the front and add 3" of crappy spacers? If you take out the rear blocks add 3" spacers the front will sit much higher. If that's the look you want then cool.

The rears are not adjustable since they don't provide the lift. You can technically could run spacers up front but you will bottom out the shock before the suspension hits the bump stop and that will break your 5100s. If you are a prerunner you can get lift spindles and then set the front 5100s to 0.

Oh come on I know rears aren't adjustable! Blocks , shims if you block right, longer u bolts and longer shocks.if you take the rear blocks/lift out then set the front to factory and be done.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1420768712.916990.jpg
This is my last project and everything was done by me. I bought it new and put 188,000 miles on it in three years! Wheeled on the beach and up in the mountains! Loved it !ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1420768933.437312.jpg
My front FJ setup, bilstein 5100 OME 886 spring,Light Racing UCA, extended braided SS brake line 2" wheel spacer.

Why would you take 2.5" of suspension lift out of the front and add 3" of crappy spacers? If you take out the rear blocks add 3" spacers the front will sit much higher. If that's the look you want then cool.
No I am not stock coils...I am just going for looks

Oh come on I know rears aren't adjustable! Blocks , shims if you block right, longer u bolts and longer shocks.if you take the rear blocks/lift out then set the front to factory and be done.

I misread your post. I thought you said set the rear at something.

Blocks add axle wrap.

No I am not stock coils...I am just going for looks

Even for looks, don't use spacers. It's a bad idea.

Back