Concerts

I grew up on what is now called classic rock, creadance Clearwater, Beatles, and so many others in that era that were one hit wonders. Then I kinda morfed over to Kiss. Now I guess its called country or country rock. I like a lot of Toby Keith, Eric Church, Garth Brooks, kinda lost interest in Garth when he started that alter ego thing.I guess its because they're kinda outlaws, really don't care what anyone thinks, just do their own thing. Ive never been to a concert because I hate crowds. My kids went to see Garth when he first came out. The only one I'd pay to go see right now would be Eric Church, but that ain't gonba happen either since I hate crowds.

while all that you guys have mentioned are definitely legends in their craft and i like them all, none compare to Randy Rhoads. his playing with QR was awesome, but his work on blizzard of ozz and diary just went into a different stratosphere. ALL of his solos leave me in complete awe, but his solo on mr. crowley brings me to tears every f♡cking time. i used to go to bed every night wearing my walkman playing these two albums over and over just to hear him play. then when the world wide web came a long i got to see him play. i still listen to these albums every day. such a tragic loss that saddens me to the core. i guess Heaven wanted him more.

Okay that tore at my heart!

And agree 100% he was amazing!

All of you have lifted this thread to a new level of excellence!

Your knowledge of music and the legends is stunning.
I thought I was some freak who was into music at a sort of level of insanity.
But then you all start tossing out names of the true greats, not some idiot that is delusional and only thinks they have talent.
If only i was 40 years older so i could have gone to see many of the legends that left us too early, like Randy Rhoades at only 25. His playing with Quiet Riot will forever be blazed into my memory banks.
Quiet Riot is another band i wish I had gotten to see.

Come on feel the noise....

All of you have lifted this thread to a new level of excellence!

Your knowledge of music and the legends is stunning.
I thought I was some freak who was into music at a sort of level of insanity.
But then you all start tossing out names of the true greats, not some idiot that is delusional and only thinks they have talent.
If only i was 40 years older so i could have gone to see many of the legends that left us too early, like Randy Rhoades at only 25. His playing with Quiet Riot will forever be blazed into my memory banks.
Quiet Riot is another band i wish I had gotten to see.

Come on feel the noise....

I'm really happy that you initiated this music thread. It is fun to hear different perspectives and interesting to learn more reading about various artists or listening to posted videos. It's a blast... like music should be played :)

I'm really happy that you initiated this music thread. It is fun to hear different perspectives and interesting to learn more reading about various artists or listening to posted videos. It's a blast... like music should be played :)

Thanks.
I regret that I didn't pursue a career in a rock and roll band.
When I was young all i thought about was being able to buy enough food to keep eating and how to pay the rent. Well also motorcycles, chicks, and flying to.
But i couldn't see a way to eat and have a roof over my head as a drummer or guitarist.
Now I wish i had at least tried.
Food and shelter is over rated lol

Last edited:
Sometimes raw is best.
I like vinyl and own a large record collection. Vinyl is messy music, but it sometimes almost makes it better. Digital is clean and clear, greater range of highs and lows. But damn sometimes it is just fine to hear a little hissing and popping. I like to jam with my buddies, and best friend. We aren't great, we make some mistakes, it almost adds to it in an odd way. Last summer we were playing around the campfire, I broke a string and just kept playing. My pals didn't even blink when I just kept playing...and of course I was playing my Martin guitar ;)

I totally agree with you. I also have an extensive vinyl collection and enjoy the imperfect sound records put out...guess it's all part of the conditioning growing up using a turn table. :) nice guitar,,it's your namesake! :) makes me think of Valdy's song Me and Martin. I also have a Martin guitar and it's been a best friend since I bought it in 1988. I don't have to explain that to you :) I have a "D16M" it was made as a limited run between 1986 and 1991. It isn't the same as the Martin D16 series. It is closer to the D18-V and I read that it was discontinued because they were having a difficult time selling their D18's. ;) I dunno but I sure love the sound!

Back