COVID-19 Hit's Home!

VB, how is this family doing? they have really been in my thoughts today.

She was taken off the ventilator yesterday and as of now, she has not gotten worse. We’re hoping she starts to get better. If not, they will not put her back in the ventilator. Basically they will keep her comfortable as she remains alive. It’s been tough on everyone, but everyone is hoping and praying that she pulls through. Thank you so much for asking!

I’ve been doing the math on numbers coming in of people testing positive and the mortality rate and it keeps coming out between 10-20% depending on the city. I’m not taking about people dying and the total population. I’m only talking about confirmed cases and the rate it’s killing those who have been confirmed.

I know there are lots who have it and aren’t tested or confirmed. To put it in perspective the Spanish flu killed 25% of those with confirmed cases and 4% of the worlds population died over 2 years. There was 1/8th of what today’s world population is back then.

Currently the global number of confirmed coronavirus cases edged toward 1 million and deaths neared 50,000 that’s a 5% morality rate on those who have confirmed cases. If it keeps on par and people don’t take this serious there could easily be 300 million people dead in the next 1-2 years from this.

Last edited:
That’s insane OR17TRD! It’s a pandemic that many aren’t taking serious and it’s scary as hell. Having older parents and in-laws it’s worrisome for them. All of them have underlying health issues. It’s already hit too close to home for me.

you are so right, G. been keeping in the bright side of this shelter-in-place order by playing laundry hoops, hide and seek with the granddog's squeaker toys, keeping to my workouts, reading books, yard work, organizing garage, etc....and neighborhood wolf howls every night are particularly enjoyable. i tried playing practical jokes on my roomies, but that lasted about all of 10 minutes. lol! [emoji16]

Back