Critters place

Wed 21 | Night​

-11°

NNW 23 mph
Watching a potential winter storm. Windy. Snow in the evening will transition to snow showers overnight. Low -11F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Wed 21 | Night​

-11°

NNW 23 mph
Watching a potential winter storm. Windy. Snow in the evening will transition to snow showers overnight. Low -11F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Relatively calm at the moment. 6F, Wind at 12 mph, wind chill -9F, about 1/2" snow last night. Tomorrow, the storm arrives, expecting 3-5" snow with high about 19F......then the bottom falls out and the wind kicks in. Thursday, expecting high of -4F with wind chill in the -30 to -40F range. Gonna be miserable. High winds, severe cold and drifting snow. Storm should last for 48 hours.

All vehicles are prepped. Snow blower is ready. Gain scoop snow shovel is ready, Heavy winter clothing ready........ I'll be looking like Bib the Michelin Man steering the snow blower. Trying to hunker down for 3 days.

I just gotta keep telling myself that IA is not a cold climate state.

Hope my 6 yo battery in the truck holds out.

@Taco critter
i was also curious as to how tricky dick from South Carolina was? user Matic the "OFG" Baby!!!
read a posting one time ago he got injured real bad or had some stroke hit his head or something not good
and was curious how he was hanging in there

12 days of donuts
i missed a few... :confused:

1670845911128-png.34689

Good Grief, Great Gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts........

I've been keeping up the weather forecasts...... The impending blizzard has constantly changing predictions. Currently, Warnings begin Now, extending to 6 am Saturday. Winds predicted at 40-50 mph. Snow 3-6". Wind Chill -30F to -40F.

Gonna be miserable for the next 3-4 days, Then the shoveling and driveway clearing begins. The cold temperature will make for the light fluffy snow that is easily driven by wind into drifts.

This storm may be the death nell of my 7 yo truck battery. It struggled to start the Tacoma this morning. Had to load in some supplies for the next 4 days.

Dog walks are suspended, All outdoor stuff is suspended. Gonna play hermit.

Anyone travelling.....use serious caution. Full fuel tank, check those tire pressures, load a blanket in the vehicle, with a bit of food. A shovel could be handy. Don't push your speed. Do not use cruise control.

Be wise, be safe.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Well,....seems Mother Nature has put a limit on my dog. He won't go outside for a potty. Can't say as I blame him. Wind is gusting to near 30 mph, wind chill is -33F and colder...... eeeeegaaaddds. jimminy cricket.

Judging by all the cancellations scrolling on the TV, I think IA is closed today and most of tomorrow.

i know how your dog feels!

once i had to provide an untainted lab stool for the Dr. for some intestinal issues i was having
had no clue how i was gonna do that, it was the middle of the winter! not this cold out though, just enough
decided on doing a San Francisco...

so one dark early morning (maybe dark evening i forget) i went outside leaning back up against the house in the back to push one out so i could scrape the untainted top into the lab bottle without having to heaveho from the stench

as soon as i finished the business a nice gusto of wind hit up in the exit hole and the warm body temp with the chilly wind was quite a sensation

Last edited:
TMI.......

I open the sliding glass door to the backyard patio, he sticks his head out the door,,,,,sniffs, looks around, gives me the WTF look and goes back to the sofa.

Multiple crashes on 80 in des Moines area in extreme cold is notta good thing

this is a 1st class quote, critter

"Very cool ,,,good luck on your journey"

Back