Dash Rattle

Blucat88

Hey! New here and new to Toyota altogether. 2011 TRD Sport has a rattle in the dash at idle, especially under load (in gear). It’s a long shot, but rather than dig around under there and possibly pull it apart to locate, I thought perhaps someone may have had this issue or perhaps this is a known problem with a simple enough solution? Any thoughts or guidance appreciated. Dealer said (without looking or listening) it was an engine mount, which might cause some vibration, but the rattle is definitely in the dash.

Nice. Thanks! I have pushed and pressed around on it looking for a culprit to no avail. Sounds like it’s close to the firewall behind the speedo. Looks like chasing it down is going to be my next project. Hahao_O

If it were a new truck or low miles I would be upset about rattles. But, older high miles who cares. It's a truck and not a Cadillac. I personally would not care and just turn the radio up a bit. I know, not helping, sorry.

Update: (Btw, it’s a 70k mike 2011, and she’s found her forever home. Lol!) Turns out it was a loose heat shield that was touching the steering column - making it sound like it was in the dash behind the speedometer somewhere. I just yanked it out of there and haven’t heard a peep since. Thanks!

Back